PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Can anybody tell me where I can obtain a thumb size chunk of Beeswax?
My local Hobby Lobby has 16 ounce blocks but that would last a few generations beyond me. All I want to do is tighten a few stems that have played loose.
I'll gladly offer cash or tobacco in exchange.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I guess I come from the Land Of Beeswax, it's plentiful up here in the small blocks. (Ridiculously large ones like the one you found too.) If you have any natural food stores that carry organic stuff they usually have a supply.

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
I am sure you got a chunk by now, but for those looking, Craft stores, or fancy gift shops you could get a beeswax tea-light. I get mine from either a farmers market or for making salves from a local beauty supply who gets it from a local Apiarist in 10 lb blocks

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Another source is the sewing supply section: there's a disk if beeswax inside a clear plastic cover with slits in it for burnishing thread. I use beeswax in my leather work and the last time I bought one it was $2-$3.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Sorry to jack this thread but are you suppose to use just straight up beeswax? How do you apply it?

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
For using it to tighten a stem, just rub the wax on the stem and push it into the pipe. It usually doesn't take a lot of wax to tighten it up.

theotherspace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 15, 2011
Liverpool, UK
As a scuba diver I would also suggest your local dive store! That's where I got mine, but it's a block. You may have to buy more pipes to use it up!

rock

Lurker
Nov 14, 2011
Ace Hardware by me carries it in a small size. I'm guessing an ounce or so.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
For future reference, those of you who might be in need of beeswax in smaller increments, just send a PM. Bill

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
dang beewrangler2! I literally bought some about an hour ago. I will get some from you next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.