PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
BatMobile goes for over 4 Million Dollars at Barrett Jackson Auction, 2 men bidding sitting by each other, finally they lean over and talk to each other, man digs in his pocket pulls out a quater, flip and they decide who gets it, What Drama. The old cajun

Jan 8, 2013
Now that's something I'm sorry I missed. I used to love watching Barett Jackson on Speed Channel. And I've been a batman nut since i was a kid. Maybe they'll replay that one.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
There is a DVD where the two actors are brought back to find out who stole the original batmobile. Seriously bad movie, but you got to see a lot of clips of how they made the original TV show. I think I paid $2 for it.
Winton

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Back in the day, a good friend of mine had the pleasure of hearing Adam West speak at his college. As a member of student govt. and the drama dept., my buddy had the task of driving Mr. West back to the airport. Well, after a pleasant drive to the airport, they discover there is a few hours of delay time on his flight. Adam West turns to my buddy and says, "Wanna get drinks? I'm buying." My buddy says he was just a great guy and had great stories to tell!

Adam_West.gif

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
And people wonder why the worlds economies are crumbling...we are such a wasteful society.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Back in the early 80s the Batmobile belonged to a guy who lived in some apartments behind the Imperial Palace Hotel in Las Vegas . For many years he tried to sell the car to thier collection . I wonder if he held on to it all these years and finally struck it rich . If he did what a great story that would make .

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
igloo, FYI

The Batmobile was famously built in just a couple weeks by Barris and his crew in 1965 after they got a rush order from the studio that was about to begin production of Batman. The TV car was built from the 1955 Lincoln Futura concept car, which Barris had purchased years earlier from Ford for one dollar.
After the TV show ended in 1968, Barris kept the Batmobile in his possession, storing it at his North Hollywood custom-car shop and trailering it to auto events nationwide. This was the first time ever that the Batmobile was put up for sale.
Barris is known as the designer and builder of scores of fanciful custom cars for TV, films and celebrities, but the Batmobile remains his most famous creation.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Barris is known as the designer and builder of scores of fanciful custom cars for TV, films and celebrities, but the Batmobile remains his most famous creation.

My favorite Barris creation from Mannix

WWDOct2011_Mannix%20Dart%20screencap%20from%201969.jpg

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Ah here is the copy . http://www.autoevolution.com/news/1989-batmobile-replica-to-go-under-hammer-in-las-vegas-5037.html

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
It must be nice to have that much spare income available. 4.2 million dollars would by lots of pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.