PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefwannapuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2017
This is a maybe. Not sure if there is an official nose warmer length? Must the chimney touch or be right under the nose, or is it an "right in your face" thing? The stem is 3.5"
R6YtXi7.jpg

MyILFX1.jpg

Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

chiefwannapuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2017
shain, Thanks. It doesn't have any taste. That's the beauty of Bamboo. It's a grass that cures into silicon laden wood. I think it's much like a cob, that also doesn't add to the flavor.
I also discovered that it's interior is much like a thick paper that absorbs moisture. There's no gurgling or "drinking" the tar/fluid, (I guess that what they call it).
The issue is heat, as it's get hot to the touch. I solved that by double walling the pot with a second sleeve of bamboo, held in place by small wedges. This creates an air gap, (an idea I borrowed from the "radiator" style pipes).
Here's an example, (the goo is raw honey I use to promote caking):
m92xbUr.jpg

I'm only starting out with a my first briar pipes, some restores and few second hand bowls. I'll have a better comparison in the weeks to come. But I'm really liking the Bamboo.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I suppose the length of a nose warmer depends on the length of the smoker's nose. :D
I like the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.