3 Fresh Scottie Piersel Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Well, it's here, and not what I thought. It's called "Britts' Balkan" and is a full Balkan mix itself, including its own Latakia.

I'm figuring to take my 7:1 regular English Mix, (7 parts regular pipe tobacco, 1 part Latakia), and increasing the regular tobacco to 8 parts, leaving my added Latakia at one part, and adding 2 parts of the new Balkan mix. How does that sound? Let me know if you have other suggestions.

The vendor graciously gave me a most generous 2 oz bag (it's more like 3 or 4) and I've now got Orientals coming out of my ying yang, so this last (guaranteed and absolutely!) mix effort of mine might be redundant and I could conceivably smoke the Britt's Balkan mix on its own, which I will do so to try, anyway.

Time to get back to just pipe smoking for a bit, until the next bit of self-created madness.:rolleyes:

PS - I'm absolutely satisfied with my two creations, the Regular English and the Whiskey English. Another pipe smoking buddy, Stuart, asked me for a small jar of my Regular English, saying he really liked it. And he's an English fan! Mission accomplished! :)
puffy

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Earnest question:
What is “regular pipe tobacco”?
i've settled on Sir Walter Raleigh regular tobacco for most of my mixes. It smokes well on its own, and is consistent. I have 12 ounces, so I'm not short on this. For the other mixes, I use Smokers' Pride Whiskey, which is again, a delightful smoke on its own, and I have over a pound of this, so I'm all set for battle, eh?