PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Comoy

Lurker
May 8, 2024
N.E. Italy
Well, thanks for the warm welcome (but would I expect anything less from pipe-smokers?!). To answer the one or two questions I've noted here, there's only my cousin, Antoine Grenard, still making pipes (Chacom), over in Saint Claude. I know some newly-made 'Comoy' pipes have been appearing and it's not very clear to me who's supplying them and on what basis... As for me, I was brought up in the UK, lived for a while in Paris and Monaco (yuck) and am now ensconced in the woods between Venice and the Slovene border. As soon as I've found the right area, I'll post one or two photos of things that might be of interest!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

gord

Might Stick Around
Well folks, I am the first Comoy not to be employed in the business, although my cousin still makes pipes over in St Claude. I smoke a pipe occasionally myself and I love learning more about my forebears and the company. My father never really got me much involved, and I was soon busy in new pastures. Anyway, I have inherited lots of bits and bobs and I shall be posting in the hope that enthusiasts here can fill me in. And perhaps I can provide some insights too!
Welcome from BC Canada

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Hello & a huge welcome to the forum!

The 'House of Comoy' warrants much respect & dare I say love! I myself, along with many forum members here, hold your forefathers in the highest of esteem!

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Welcome. I have to admit, I do not own a single Comoy! I look forward to seeing some of your posts, and perhaps it will be the next pipe that I just have to buy and can't live without! (PAD hits hard)

Italian Pipe.jpg