PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastwoodaudio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2013
Hi All,
My second post here, please go easy on me. :)
I live in the Twin Cities (St Paul, Minneapolis) area of Minnesota and I'm looking for a B&M that has a decent selection of tins.
I- live fairly close to Stogies on Grand, they seem to have a couple of tins of Sutliff (not my thing) but not much else besides bulk.
-Golden Leaf on W 7th doesn't seem to have any tins (unless im blind, which is very possible).
-I was downtown Minneapolis today, and Lewis Pipe and Tobacco had some Sutliff, one tin of G.L. Pease Abigdon (was very suprised to see this!) and that was about it.
Any suggestions from other Minnesotans?
Thanks guys!

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Eastwood, welcome. I don't know of any. I'm over in Sioux Falls, SD (about 4 hours away if you drop down and hit I-90)- we have one "real" B&M that carries a few tins but their prices are more than twice what you find online.
I love Minneapolis. I recorded an album at a small studio up there in St. Paul called Hewitt Studios. Also come up there to guitar shop- Willies, The Podium are some great stores.
Chris

eastwoodaudio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2013
Thanks for the replies guys! I'll have to check out Golden Leaf again, I know they have a Minneapolis location as well. I know the St. Paul location has a very large smoking lounge!
Tarak, I feel blessed to live in the Twin Cities, we have such a great music scene here, something for everyone, almost every night of the week.

I don't belive I've heard of Hewitt Studios, are they on Hewitt Street?

I actually live about 2 blocks away from Willies, they do have an incredible selection of gear, I'm a guitar player myself. :)
-Zakk

tedvig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2011
Try JR Fielding just north of Roseville. They have Dunhill, Mac baren, and Robert McConnell tins as well as others. Perfect ash in lily dale has some Dunhill tins. Smokedale in oakdale has a very good selection of tins. This ought to get you started.

tedvig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2011
Also try Lewis pipe shop in downtown Minneapolis on marquette.

eastwoodaudio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2013
Thanks for your response tedvig!
I've been to Lewis pipe recently, their shelf looked extremely bare, they must be awaiting another order.
I'll definitely give JR Fielding and Smokedale a try, thanks for the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.