PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I had to call them today to change delivery options on an order that was in route, they took care of it while they still had me on the line. Nice!

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Can't someone else order it for you and wrap it in a shirt as a christmas gift? Or ship it using another carrier??

If you don't mind me asking, what are the taxes you have to pay? So on a 10 dollar tin, is it a extra few bucks??

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Can't someone else order it for you and wrap it in a shirt as a christmas gift? Or ship it using another carrier??
P&C probably wouldn't touch this with a ten-foot pole, its still highly illegal to mislabel products. Collectible tins is a good one, although Merchandise can throw up red-flags - read the form, it asks for a detailed, itemized description of the package contents. And no matter the carrier, they still have to deal with customs; otherwise there wouldn't be a problem with drug-runners, they would just Fedex it...

That said, I've had awesome luck with bulk blends in larger quantities; it seems customs doesn't look as closely at envelopes as they do at boxes.
Do they put their name on their boxes??

They ship under the companies legal name, Habana Premium Cigar Co.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Actually, our labels have a header that says "Order Fulfillment", but we do identify the product as what it is. We were told that if we were to be caught using "hobby supplies" or "gift items", we would be fined and red-flagged, and all our future orders to Canada would be scrutinized. We have to use USPS for anything shipping out of the US, and we have UPS as an option for domestic shipments.

I certainly think that the duties and taxes are ridiculously high, but we can't endanger our livelihoods.
Russ

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
i been lucky so far over 200 grams each time an didnt git nailed yet. If u keep ur order down to 7 ounces they dont duty tax you, or so the canadian customs site says

Status
Not open for further replies.