PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jbfrady

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
I'm so boring and lame in the pipe world. What's K&K?
Kohlhase & Kopp. They produce many brands, but they're not necessarily one of the biggest They make several Cobblestones, HU, Robert McConnell, Rattray's (I believe), Fribourg & Treyer, etc. They also just released Per Jensen's new line.

Reactions: didimauw

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Kohlhase & Kopp. They produce many brands, but they're not necessarily one of the biggest They make several Cobblestones, HU, Robert McConnell, Rattray's (I believe), Fribourg & Treyer, etc. They also just released Per Jensen's new line.
They're now only Kopp, and they make a ton of blends under the different labels they bought over the years. Their quality used to be pretty good, but it's slipped, like everywhere else.

Reactions: jpberg and jbfrady

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
Now that there’s a thread about this, anyone notice since Kolhase left Kopp the increased availability in certain blends? Example: McConnell’s Red Virginia, Scottish Cake, Marlin Flake, Etc. Those seem to be always available where as before they were a few times a year kind of occurance. Anyone notice any changes? I purchased all of the above and was wondering.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now that there’s a thread about this, anyone notice since Kolhase left Kopp the increased availability in certain blends? Example: McConnell’s Red Virginia, Scottish Cake, Marlin Flake, Etc. Those seem to be always available where as before they were a few times a year kind of occurance. Anyone notice any changes? I purchased all of the above and was wondering.
A lot of K blends have been changed. I've posted several reviews on this forum of blends that have been changed in the last few years by this company for those who have not seen them. They aren't the only company who has done this: Esoterica and several of the San Gawith blends like FVF and SJF are different now. For one reason or another, e.g. availability or price, the red Virginia in many blends has been replaced by orange Virginia. And Peter Heinrich's Dark Strong hasn't had DFK in at least three years.