PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngpipe

Lurker
Mar 4, 2012
What is the best aromatic tobacco.I know that people do not love aromatics but some time i feel like smoking a aromatic tobacco wich one is the best without chimical flavour????? :puffpipe:

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
I'm a fan of W.O. Larsen's Signature Vintage Mixture, its similar to Dan Tobacco's Blue Note.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
My latest is Caramel Apple Pie from pipesandcigars fusion lab. You can also hit up pipeinhand on this forum for some Halfling's Leaf. It's pretty darn tasty.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
First off, welcome to the forum !
With regardsto aromatics, There's really too many to list. Plus we all like something different.
Tip 1: go to pipesandcigars.com order a bulk sampler

Tip 2: read tobaccoreviews.com

Tip 3: scour this forum. There's been three postings about favorite tobacco in the last couple of days.
If you truly want a short list of what I like:

Lane limited 1-Q is always a winner. As my wife says "that's what pipe tobacco is supposed to smell like"

MacBaren Vanilla Cream loose cut. Nice vanilla, easy to smoke,not chemical at all.

GL Pease Haddo's delight. Has a rum/raisin thing going on and a nice nicotine content.

AC Peterson Mark Twain is nice as well. Somewhat of a chocolate kinda thing going on but not overwhelming. It's what I stuff in my pipe doing yard work and chores since it stays lit so well and has a nice aroma.
Bust I'm not a heavy aromatic smoker. Mostly Virginias and Virginia/Perique blends.
Good luck. Never be afraid to experiment and find out what you like. And above all, sit back, relax and enjoy it.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Welcome aboard.

If you want an aromatic with a nice room note, but still a good taste of tobacco, try Prince Al Cherry Vanilla, or Stanwell Vanilla. (This is from a guy who does not smoke may aromatics.) :puffy:

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
McClelland Caramel Rush, Peterson Connoisseiur (pina colada note), Peterson Nutty Cut (rum and macadamia nuts), Lane 1Q (vanilla), WO Larsen Signature Mixture (vanilla and cheries), Dan DaVinci (Red wine), ... these are a few of my favorites.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Go to www.boswellpipes.com and www.vtpipes.com and check out their selection. IMO they make the best aromatics on the market. Boswells has a very wide selection and so does Pipeworks and Wilke (vtpipes). I've smoked their blends for years and have never been disappointed.
Smokey

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
I will second the recommendations on Halflings Leaf & 2 Friends English Chocolate. If you want something on the sweet side, check out Molto Dolce from Sutliff. :puffy:

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
I really like 1Q and would recommend it to anybody looking for an aro. Really like it. I'd eat it if I thought I could keep it down. I also have a larger than average War Dept. and it passes muster with them.

I'm jotting down the previous suggestions for future reference too. Thanks guys :D

kmreleaser

Lurker
Mar 8, 2012
Solani Festival is a real delight I would say.
Captain black (US) version. The (EU) Version sucks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.