PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I tried this one day just a few years back and found it a decent tobacco with a nice latakia side. Not great but it was more than serviceable.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Hands down my favorite regardless of its distribution history. Not just my favorite bulk blend but favorite period. I’m not skilled enough at breaking down its attributes or why it’s my favorite. It simple hits all the buttons for me. I have a few pounds stored so I don’t have to do without it. Also, I keep
a little of it mixed with perique for when that muse comes calling. I can’t recommend it enough and bulk pricing too!
That's why the C&D balkan had me intrigued was because of the perique, which I can't go a day without. So I think I'll just do this because I got plenty of blending perique.

Reactions: Douglas

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
So I was looking into some English and balkan blends today and this kept popping up. Doing as I usually do, I jumped on TR to see what others think. What I saw was more 4 star reviews on a bulk blend I've ever seen so far. Is this stuff really that good let me know so you can add to my TAD a tad bit lol.
Yes!! One of my two favorites which I've decided to bulk up on. Arango Balkan is like an Oriental with Latakia back notes. My other favorite is Sutliff Match 20. Those two are just right for me. Father Dempsey the other popular one is very one note Latakia but not strong. Just basic.

Reactions: Pappy Coon
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I have both Peter Stokkebye Balkan Supreme and Arango Balkan Supreme. I've heard they're the same thing, but for some reason the PS tastes better to me. They're both good blends, and regular smokes for me, but I seem to enjoy the PS more when I smoke it than I do the Arango. There is about 1 year difference between the two, so it probably just has to do with the particular batches I received.