PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Lurker
Jun 1, 2010
I continue my search for a great apple aromatic. Has anyone tried either of these apple blends?
Tinderbox Country Apple

http://www.tinderbox.com/Tinder-Box-Country-Apple-Pipe-Tobacco-H
Music City Marketing Brand Apple

http://www.tophatcigar.com/a.cfm/Pipe-Tobacco/Music-City-Marketing-Brand-Pipe-Tobacco/Apple-1lb-MB5882.html
I'm wondering if these are really just bulk versions of Middleton Apple.
I recently tried Boswell's Apple Strudel. That wasn't quite what I was looking for, so I continue my search . . .

alleycat

Lurker
Jun 1, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions, Phil. I ordered a few ounces of Blue Ridge Apple this morning, along with a couple of other apple blends.
I'm like you, I've never quite found an apple blend I like. I'm slowly trying every one out there.
Milan's Sangria isn't an apple blend, but there's a hint of apple in it (along with cherry and rum and maybe something else); you might consider that one if you like Drunken Apple.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Are you looking for a striaght apple smoke? If not Peterson's Very Merry Christmas 2009 has a nice roasted apple taste along with bourbon vanilla. I found this one a very good blend if your looking for something on the sweeter side. The apple sticks out a lot to.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I haven't seen any apple lately in any of my usual haunts.

Any suggestions where I can get a "Drug Store" brand, just for the hell of it.

alleycat

Lurker
Jun 1, 2010
@pstlpkr
You used to be able to find Middleton Apple all over the place, now it's hit or miss.
If you want to try a pipe or two of Middleton and/or Boswell Apple Strudel, send me your address by PM and I'm mail you enough for a couple of pipes. I have way more than I need. I'm thinking of cutting the Boswell with 1-Q to made an everyday smoke.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Thank you Alley Cat,

I appreciate it. But, that won't be necessary.

I have a considerable history with Apple tobaccos.

My favorite was Wessox Brigade, but it's no longer made.

It bit like a junkyard dog, but ooooo it was good.

I'll probably just ask my local tobacconist to bring some in for me.

Thanks again.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
My tobacconist has Solani Green Label. I'll put that on my list when I'm picking up my next batch. The reviews at TR are mixed at best. People love it or hate it.
Simon

alleycat

Lurker
Jun 1, 2010
Thanks for everyone's recommendations. I have about four new blends on order to try. If I find one that I think is way about average I'll post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.