Aonian, English-made Tobacco Jar newly purchased.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Makembake

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2022
Australia
Thought I'd show some pics of the new tobacco jar I purchased second-hand just recently. It stands at about 11cm in height, with a 15cm (approx) diameter. I'm in the process of filling it with some tins of Peterson's My Mixture 965 and it really has a delicious bouquet!!

Attachments

• IMG_1691.jpeg
    IMG_1691.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1692.jpeg
    IMG_1692.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 13

Makembake

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2022
Australia
Thought I'd show some pics of the new tobacco jar I purchased second-hand just recently. It stands at about 11cm in height, with a 15cm (approx) diameter. I'm in the process of filling it with some tins of Peterson's My Mixture 965 and it really has a delicious bouquet!!
Just a quick update, I just purchased an identical tobacco jar, also made by Denby in England. The new one, which I am waiting to be delivered to me, is finished with a dark brown and cream glaze. I shall post a photo of the two jars together once the post arrives. Naturally, I'm already debating which blend I should fill the new jar with? The candidates so far are, Balkan Sasieni, Ashton's Artisan's Blend and G. L Pease's Sixpence... Once again, I'll be sure to update you on what I decide. (Note: the blue jar in the photos above is being filled with Peterson's My Mixture 965).

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Just a quick update, I just purchased an identical tobacco jar, also made by Denby in England. The new one, which I am waiting to be delivered to me, is finished with a dark brown and cream glaze. I shall post a photo of the two jars together once the post arrives. Naturally, I'm already debating which blend I should fill the new jar with? The candidates so far are, Balkan Sasieni, Ashton's Artisan's Blend and G. L Pease's Sixpence... Once again, I'll be sure to update you on what I decide. (Note: the blue jar in the photos above is being filled with Peterson's My Mixture 965).
I have a set of plates (dinner and salad) made by denby. Very good stuff. Got the whole set for under $9 at a thrift store. I knew as soon as I picked one up that they were quality. It wasn't until I got them home and googled the design that I saw one replacement dinner plate cost $25.

Reactions: jpmcwjr