Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
So my father had a pile of jewelry he was just about to throw out. Many items being broken gold pieces that he thought was trash. Among the pile was this watch, anyone know what model this is? My guess is from the early 90’s. Has “diamonds” (prob quartz) on the face. The band is in pretty rough shape from being worn. Any info helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpeg
    IMG_0385.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: JOHN72

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Look for a reference number, should be on the back or pop the case cover off it will be on the inside of it.
follow that up with a search of CTNY plus the reference number. That should give you the model.
Or the model name or number itself might be stamped there as well.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
You might be able to sell/trade in the broken gold jewelry for the gold content.
I would put my life on it that there's no actual gold content in that watch, as for the other stuff we can't see it so hard to say.

Looks to be the sort of watch they used to give away for free here at petrol stations.

Keep digging Skeeter, you might yet find your fortune.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: RobNYC and Zero

skeeter456

Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
Look for a reference number, should be on the back or pop the case cover off it will be on the inside of it.
follow that up with a search of CTNY plus the reference number. That should give you the model.
Or the model name or number itself might be stamped there as well.
Thanks! That was what I was looking for!

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
My father (now 92) collected cheap watches for many years. He still thinks he has a valuable collection but the truth is, the only real value is the memories associated with the watches. Don't worry about brand or model, treasure these things for their sentimental value. Even if you find one in the stash that's worth $100, is that the price you put on sentiment?

Reactions: mawnansmiff

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
I don't know if you would call me a "watch guy", but I do appreciate fine quality. I wore a stainless Rolex in high school and college, had a Patek for a while but sold it because it was to delicate and a pain to wind every day. For about 30 years now I've had an Omega Seamaster, stainless with a black dial. It's a quartz as I feel that in this day and age expansive mechanical watches are just an ego trip and I don't want to play that game. She keeps perfect time, still looks like new and never needed a repair. puffy

1e83698b461ddf41788eac282735b46f_large.jpg

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

BingBong

Apr 26, 2024
London UK
I have a few. Rolex GMT Master II from 2011, Omega PO Goodplanet GMT from 2013, Zenith Chronomaster in 18k gold c.2004, Zenith Rainbow Flyback c.1999

The first two get a lot of use, the Zeniths not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.