PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I've smoked L.J. Peretti blends for many years now and wondered if there were any other Peretti smokers here and what some of their favorites were? Some of mine include Cuban Mixture, Burley Plug Cut, Park Square (my all-time favorite VA/Per), British Blend, Royal Blend, and Pride of Loch Lomond. Actually I've only smoked one blend from them that I didn't care for and that was their No-Name Aromatic. What are some of your favorites?
Smokey

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Hey Smokey!!
Fellow Peretti aficionado here!! I get to Boston often on business and stop in almost every trip. Some of my favs include Cuban Mixture, Royal Blend, Smith's Own and Somerset Flake....
Most of the time I stay for a bowl and shoot the sh*t with the guys.... Nice getaway when I am in town!!

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Rick, I wish I lived closer, (I'm in MO) I'd love to visit that shop. If I ever got up that way, maybe we could smoke a bowl together.
Smokey

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Damn, first I read "Toilet" instead of "Tablet", now I just read, "Perety/Prerty" instead of "Peretti" so rushed in to see all the pretty boys displaying their wares. I really gotta get some sleep, this misreading is doing my head in royally! No pretty boys here, sniff.

johnbanther

Lurker
Nov 2, 2011
I used to live in Boston and would smoke mainly their blends, especially liked the Thanksgiving Day Blend every year when it was released. But, the way they treat customers is astonishing. I have never seen meaner or more rude people running a store in my life. If you aren't there for something pipe related, they want nothing to do with you (they are only good at pipe products anyway), and even then, I have seen them be pretty rude to people (they were not so nice to my girlfriend until they realized she was there to buy me a pipe for Christmas).
I only have six pipes, and two of them are Peretti pipes, they smoke ok. I would go in again for nostalgia if I was in Boston, only because an ocean now separates me from Boston. Their blends are ok, but they are riding off of years of tradition and fame. They were nice to me, but I wouldn't go and smoke their blends exclusively, not worth to give them business.
There is a cigar shop down the street that KILLS any competition that Peretti could hope to have, I stopped smoking pipe for a while because I was in there all the time.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
PERETTI BLENDS YES!!,!! They are a staple in my tobacco cellar and I wouldn't ever be without them. Favorites are Tashkent, Smith's Own, 9575, 7485, BPC, 333. they are one of the finest blenders of quality tobacco in the USA

:puffpipe:

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
DocWatson, I forgot to mention D-9575 and D-7485 as favorites. I will admit they were a little rude to me once when I called them on the phone to place an order. I just chalked it up to my Southern accent and a rude employee.
Smokey

Status
Not open for further replies.