PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodensmile

Lurker
Jul 27, 2019
Seattle, Wa.
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

I saw the thread from June below about this, are there any online shops willing to still send this Class 1 schedule drug aka tinned pipe tobacco to this state? I do have a friend in portland I can ship to but too many orders may become a bit of a hassle to shuffle up and down the coast and I don't want to wear that option out! SOME one who rhymes with Ben Kyron Schmadventues seems to be okay with associated risk of this although how anyone is privy to whats in private mail is beyond me. Rant over. Any info is greatly appreciated, pm if you dont want to blow up the .com

Regards,
Anthony

Last edited by a moderator:

sokrates

Lurker
Mar 28, 2018
I live in Washington. Fortunately I have a cellar that will last for years. I think I can supplement my existing stock with the occasional trip to BM’s in the vicinity. If worse comes to worse I’ll get an Oregon P.O. Box.

Reactions: woodensmile
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I doubt it's illegal to send pipe tobacco to your state.. it may be illegal to receive it in the mail. I don't see why retailers would care. Washington can't make a law that makes something illegal in Pennsylvania.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I doubt it's illegal to send pipe tobacco to your state.. it may be illegal to receive it in the mail. I don't see why retailers would care. Washington can't make a law that makes something illegal in Pennsylvania.

It is in fact illegal. Washington state passed a law that says that unless you are a licensed tobacconist, you can not ship cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, pipe tobacco, and I believe chewing tobacco into the state.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com

Alabama has a law that states that no one can mail alcohol to anyone within it's borders. But, the reality of the test of time is that there's not really anything the state can do to them if they do. Washington state cannot come get me in Alabama. But, they can hold me on a warrant if I am ever detained in their state. But, I don't really plan to ever go there. But, as luck would have it, I don't sell tobacco.

I'm sorry for your living in a bad state. The weather is absolutely wonderful down here in Alabama... if you don't mind covid mouth breathers dragging their knuckles on the ground as they lumber around in grocery stores.

woodensmile

Lurker
Jul 27, 2019
Seattle, Wa.
I personally have
I have a friend in the Seattle area who says that Estervals ships to him regularly with no problem. Trade treaties exist between the US and lots of other countries, and they over ride state laws.

It seems to me unless you REALLY went out of your way to make it blatantly obvious what the contents of a package are how are they going to discover its contents?

I know people who regularly order snus from Sweden and have no promlem with customs or delivery, even though clearly UPS states it won't ship tobacco products ?. I know people who have ordered cigarettes from Japan, again no problems at customs or delivery to their front door in WA. It's a federal entity which makes me curious if they even care about the contents, minus obvious real narcotics or dangerous materials being shipped. Unless someone directly notified a state authority, it appears their stance is if the postage is paid it will be delivered with zero hassle or intrusion. (Which is how it should be)

Estervals has such a wide selection and for the $50 shipping it would need to be a significant enough order, possibly split between a few friends to make it a good haul. I do want to support locally so I'm not gonna lose those channels. That being said, not everything can be gotten that way. An experiment may be brewing ;)

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
It seems that Maine is joining Washington state in banning mail-order purchasing of certain tobacco products, but so far I haven't found out when it is supposed to go into effect.

Since I have yet to find any real tobacconists in the state of Maine (Dad's in Biddeford is now a cigar store), this made me wonder briefly about doing a living-room-scale pipes-only shop for in-state pipe smokers. Answer is NO, too much hassle for the scale/benefit.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.