Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PApiper63

Lurker
Apr 13, 2024
A neighbor lady gave me this pipe about a year ago and told me she didn't know anything about it. She told me it was in a box of stuff she bought at the yard sale. I assumed it was a souvenir pipe and just stuck it in a drawer. Part of the reason I assumed it was a souvenir pipe is because it has never been smoked. On a whim I pulled it out of the drawer and smoked a couple bowls out of it. I was surprised to discover that it's a great smoker. I also don't have any other pipe that looks like this with the built-in wind cap. I know it's not worth a lot of money, but I am curious if anyone knows anything about it. the only stamp on the pipe says Bruyere and Garanite underneath. Any info would be greatly appreciated.IMG_0562.jpegIMG_0563.jpeg

Reactions: xrundog

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I think what xrundog said is probably the most info you'll find on it since it doesn't have any more distinct markings. It looks like it's in great shape and I'm glad it's a good smoker and that it's being smoked rather than being kept as a souvenir or display piece. Have you unscrewed the bottom plug?

PApiper63

Lurker
Apr 13, 2024
I think what xrundog said is probably the most info you'll find on it since it doesn't have any more distinct markings. It looks like it's in great shape and I'm glad it's a good smoker and that it's being smoked rather than being kept as a souvenir or display piece. Have you unscrewed the bottom plug?
Yes. Do you have any idea why that plug is there?