PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Heading to Dallas today and there is a shop I love called Club Hummidor, but I was wondering if there is any other good tobacconists in or near Dallad that I could visit?

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Theres Sir Elliots http://www.sirelliotstobaccoandcoffee.com/
and Up in Smoke http://www.upinsmoketexas.com/
Sir Elliots is my favorite, if you go to UiS go to the one on Northwest at north Park, the one uptown is dwindling their pipe tobacco down to nothing slowly, the manager says they sell more at northpark so its transitioning that way. Sir Elliots has some good coffee too BTW

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
It's just an acronym for Brick and Mortar...

Meaning it is a "real" pipe shop as opposed to a "virtual" one.

The term is also used in the business world meaning the same thing...

A real physical business location, as opposed to a virtual one.

:puffy:

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
@chirs: thanks for the suggestion, up in smoke had bad google reviews but I am glad I went, didn't see the owner but the person behind the counter seemed very friendly!
@okaiebriar: there is a sticked thread explaining all sorts of different acrynoms. Don't feel bad for not knowing this hobby like all others have many things that the only way you would know is by being in the hobby! Get used to asking questions you will have a lot!

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Up in smoke is pretty nice, not the greatest but I do like going there, the one uptown is where the North Texas guys meet up sometimes. If you're ever in Tyler,Longveiw or Henderson Tx, there's a place called Tobacco Junction that, even though they dont have the biggest selection, have tin, bulk, and cigar prices that rival online prices, and a decent selection of Peterson pipes. They've also got a nice lounge.

Glad you enjoyed your visit

Status
Not open for further replies.