PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sam Gamgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
I caught one of their shows (the final one of this year, as it turns out) last night and it was great. I'd not seen them live since 1994. My wife and I took our 14-year-old daughter along for her first rock concert. She had a blast. This band was tight and sounded great. Ed Roland is around 60 and still tore it up as a frontman. Long live great 90s rock!

6F995D4D-EED2-4933-BE11-7C418914D27B.JPG

obc83

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 4, 2023
Hell yeah, saw them when I was, I guess about 14 at the Guinness Fleadh in NY... I think.

Reactions: Sam Gamgee
Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
I went through a Collective Soul phase when I was still playing guitar in a band. We covered quite a few of their songs. Fun to play and crowd pleasers to boot. Great band

Sam Gamgee

Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
They played mostly hits, but in the middle of the show they did a couple new songs from an upcoming double album, apparently recorded in one of Elvis Presley's homes (pretty cool). The second one sounded really good and made me eager to hear the new record. I found a recent show on YT with the same setlist as last night. The new song starts around the 27-min mark where Ed is playing 12-string. Enjoy!

Reactions: Egg Shen

MattRVA

Lifer
Feb 6, 2019
Richmond Virginia
I was never a huge fan but they were definitely a significant portion of the background music of my high school years. I remember my musician friends playing quite a bit of their music live but I never saw them perform.

Sam Gamgee

Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
I forgot to mention that Fuel played before CS the other night. Not the original singer but still good.

Anyone interested in Collective Soul might want to check out Magnets and Ghosts. It’s a side project done by Dean Roland, the rhythm guitarist in CS.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG