PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Title edited.

Another long awaited shiipment arrived yesterday, intact!!

As in the previous one, in which was a noob recommendation that passed my captives with flying colors (Captain Black's Cherry Cavendish, which begins like a cough drop but quickly diminishes after the initial blast, into a very very smokable cherry flavor that becomes more and more subtle and delicate throughout the smoke, right into the dottle stage where it remains beautifully without any degradation) . . . . .

So it is with a new two pack purchase from Captain Black, his "dark" offering.

I read the in house blurb which claimed it is a Burly based Cavendish with aromatic qualities.

That it is, indeed. Captain Black "Dark" is my surprise of the month. A wonderful, gentle aromatic that is so smokable that my puffin' buddy Mike had two pipefulls with me last night, and we both added it to our evening lists.

No deterioration at all, and even remains stable and deicately flavoured throughout and including the often troublesome dottle stage at which I often pull the pin.

You might want to try this fine tobacco if you like light aromatics with Cavendish. I've now got a healthy respect for the basic quality of the Captain's tobacco. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
Yes Captain Black Dark is indeed a surprisingly good black Cavendish and very easy to smoke, very newby friendly. I really like all of the Captain Black range, today I was smoking the Gold. If you haven't had a chance to try it yet, the new Platinum is quite good as well.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Never could get on with anything from Captain Monochromatic, maybe it's me, maybe it's the way the stuff is made. I have tried it on several occasions and I just cannot get it to work for me. I wasn't aware the grape flavor was still made, I'll have to hunt down a sample and try it out. I suppose if I buy a tin of the stuff and hate it I will know who to donate it too! :col: