PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Warning: note that I did not say it was a practical alternative...

With all the hype around birth year pipes, I thought of something better: death year pipes. I know, it's tough to know in advance what year you're going to kick the bucket, but assuming you're either clairvoyant or suicidal (or both), you get your death year pipe early in the year, and depending on when during that calendar year you'll croak, you have X amount of time to enjoy it, knowing the end finally approacheth.

Just a more unorthodox take on the whole idea. Carry on.

And as George Carlin once said, these are some of the thoughts that kept me out of the really good schools... 🤷‍♂️

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
there is a way to be pretty sure. Buy a new pipe and jump off a big big cliff.
Hard to keep the pipe lit on the descent. Might need to buy a windcap too, especially if it'll bump you past the free shipping threshold.

Or just make sure to buy a pipe every January 1st. You're gonna be right eventually.
Spoken like a true PAD enabler. I approve! :LOL:

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA

With all the hype around birth year pipes, I thought of something better: death year pipes. I know, it's tough to know in advance what year you're going to kick the bucket, but assuming you're either clairvoyant or suicidal (or both), you get your death year pipe early in the year, and depending on when during that calendar year you'll croak, you have X amount of time to enjoy it, knowing the end finally approacheth.

And as George Carlin once said, these are some of the thoughts that kept me out of the really good schools... 🤷‍♂️
This is a great way to start one's own "pipe of the year" collection. The annual "I might die this year" pipe, later to be inducted into the "Yay! I didn't die! pipe" collection.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Even then it's no guarantee, no matter how determined you are, just ask Nicolas Chamfort...
true. And not too get too political but that whole situation that lead to his arrest (according to wikipedia, yeah I had to use your link) is a good reminder that revolutions are usually messier then what we're told. The winner usually seems to forget about the other factions trying to be the new top dogs. Heck a lot of Americans think when we did it the whole thing was wrapped up in about two years or so instead of the actual amount of time it took.

Reactions: Sobrbiker

Choatecav

Can't Leave
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee

Man..... what a buzzkill.

I'll bet you were the kid back in school, that raised his hand one minute before the bell and said, "Miss Jones, are you going to give us a homework assignment for this weekend?"

:eek: