PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
One of the only consolations about living to be a geezer on Medicare is every doctor in the United States is happy to see you and will gladly take your insurance.

Geezers are the life blood of the medical industry in all nations and the doctors fight a losing battle to keep us alive as long as possible. Regardless, the reaper always wins in the end.

My wife prevailed on me to establish a doctor, and I’ve outlived the two I ever had years ago, and I scheduled an appointment with the same young one she has.

Our first visit today was pleasant, and I was sort of surprised to still have normal vitals and when asked if I had any ailments, being 66 years old and a few pounds extra, were my only complaints.

When he asked how much I use nicotine I replied from the time I get up until I lay down to sleep at every chance, for over fifty years.

He also asked if I used alcohol or drugs, including weed. I replied I never had and was too old to pick up those bad habits now.

He didn’t nag me to quit smoking.

He ordered a blood draw and gave me the latest Covid shot and flu shot and set me up to get an RSV shot and shingles shot. The shingles is a pair of shots and on the second one I’ll get a tetanus booster.

But what I didn’t know and I’m glad to find out is that we smokers who’ve lived to geezerdom and Medicare can get a quick CAT scan for lung cancer and for aortic aneurisms once a year.

I asked him if you have either one, isn’t it time to get your ticket punched and get right with the Lord, but he assured me that if caught early both maladies can often be repaired. I agreed to do both, which they’ll schedule on the same day.

I thought other smokers, of a certain age, should know the gubbermint has finally done something good for us other than collecting all those tobacco taxes we’ve paid, over all those years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toast

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
On my neurosurgeon's recommendation, did complete lung scan. Lungs' fine. It's the other stuffs that's failing. At least that's me. All my uncles and my father smoked. None died of lung issue.

Reactions: Briar Lee

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
The ominous tone of your title made me think this thread would be about rectal examinations.

Can you sense my utter disappointment? And if so, can you simultaneously sense my utter relief? 😥

I told my wife if that doctor thought he’d examine my privates I’d be finding another doctor.

They don’t do that anymore.

He didn’t even hammer my knee with a mallet.

I think it might be one of them there gubbermint plots to convince old geezers to go see doctors and get all their tests and shots up to date, you know?

Even when they drew blood and gave me shots it didn’t hurt.

I’m too damned old to get the shingles.

I’m looking forward to those shots, I tell you.

Of all things, the pharmacies and county health offices have a corner on shingles and RSV shots.

If they had RSV when I was a kid, they called it something else.

Reactions: Toast

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
One strange thing, was that I had to consent to have a multi blood sceeen which they’ll test for god knows how many things, but two things required seperate permission, HIV and Hepatitis C.

He explained that formerly only those at risk for those diseases were tested, but now I guess they test every geezer that doesn’t object.

All the shots required permission, but my generation got their shots or got their ass whipped until they decided to get their shots, and then got ice cream afterwards.

I went to the gun shop afterwards and bought two pounds of black powder.

I intend to use it all up, and buy more later, you know?

samb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2024
Texas
I have a theory that those who refuse to get a vaccine are just really terrified of needles and are too afraid to admit it.

I’m glad my mom got me all the good vaccines when I was a kid which set in motion my deep seated trauma response to needles so now I don’t get vaccines anymore. And the money I save I spend on tattoos

BingBong

Lifer
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
I have a theory that those who refuse to get a vaccine are just really terrified of needles and are too afraid to admit it.
As someone who has had 6 canulas in my arms plus a centerline in my neck at one time, given more blood samples than there are sticks to shake at them, no. That is not the reason.

The mods locked this thread before the wipeout, should probably do so again.

Status
Not open for further replies.