PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
I live in central Arkansas—about an hour and a half from the Buffalo National River. I absolutely love paddling and, and if you don’t know, the Buffalo is a bucket list river trip for paddlers all over the US. I’m so very lucky to be so close to it. This year I have kayak camped 5 nights (60 miles across 3 different trips) on the Buffalo.

On my most recent trip I was able to set up camp by the river, listen to the Razorbacks play Auburn on the radio while smoking some 2013 Christmas Cheer in a Ser Jacopo bulldog. I was in my absolute favorite place smoking an amazing tobacco in a fine Italian briar. It was such a special smoke. It is a great memory that I will never forget. For sure it was a highlight of my year. I’m sharing it bc I’m betting my pipe smoking friends on the forum can appreciate a special smoke like that one. To quote Brian Levine…anybody have any special pipe smoking related memories?
75CD3576-A457-439E-BFAF-AE8D0F18787F.jpeg

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Dang. I started smoking after my adventures in the woods. Even if I started smoking during those years, some little tenderfoots will rat on me to their parents. Smoking out there was always late night activity far away from the scouts. Now days, I don't feel like walking.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
On my most recent trip I was able to set up camp by the river, while smoking some 2013 Christmas Cheer in a Ser Jacopo bulldog. I was in my absolute favorite place smoking an amazing tobacco in a fine Italian briar. It was such a special smoke. It is a great memory that I will never forget. For sure it was a highlight of my year.
Thank you for sharing that memory with us.

My one and only camping trip (when I was a boy scout of 10yo) wasn't the stuff of fond memories :rolleyes:
So I will have to live vicariously through stories like yours

Reactions: Sir Yak