PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonn

Lurker
Sep 13, 2013
Hey guys! I recently purchased "Sutliff Private Stock: Molto Dolce" from the Pipes and Cigars website. (Usually where I buy most of my stuff.)

As for Molto Dolce,

When you first get the tin, it feels like nothing is in it. Although, this is probably normal for me since I buy bulk most of the time. You open the can, and immediately a fantastic smell hits your face as a mixture of vanilla, honey, and cream. As for packing your pipe, the tobacco is VERY moist. Being the impatient person that I am, I packed my Bjarne Viking Churchwarden, and lit it. The room note is fantastic, and the taste/sweetness is exactly what you smell. It is probably best to dry the tobacco a little bit, for it burned pretty hot for me. I would compare this to 1Q, but with a higher quality of flavor and smell. Below are pictures I attempted to take showing the color and moisture. (I took a pinch and rubbed VERY lightly on white paper, showing the moisture.) I would rate this a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Definitly a must have for any smoker!
Jonn

Next on the list....Barbados Rum.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I have not had it yet but MD has a growing list of fans here to be sure. The Sutliff line is interesting and is priced for everyone to enjoy. I've had several of their blends and liked them a lot. Happy smoke rings.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Molto Dolce is way too sweet for me. I cut it with McClelland 5100, and it is still sweet and lasts twice as long. Another good aromatic from Sutliff is the Kentucky Planter, a burley based blend with no bite to it. For me it is great right out of the tin.

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I found it way too sweet as is but quite a nice change of pace mixed 50/50 with Prince Albert.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It's not something I'm likely to try, but thanks for filling us in on what it's like.

I also appreciate the time and effort you took to post some pix for us. :clap:

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
I'm not much of an aro smoker -- some 1Q and some Autumn Evening (usually diluted with some CH) once in a while when I'm trying to be polite and there's company on the porch. But, with all of the good comments on MD, I might have to add some to my next order, even if I do wind up diluting it a little.

Dec 9, 2013
Even though I'm new to aromatics and new to this forum; I have been on a hunt finding a sweet tobacco blend. I agree that the molto is the sweetest and most aromatic in my opinion. It's kinda one dimensional in my opinion but it appears that when discussing light aromatic blends u get almost one or two sweet notes depending on your flavor blend. I have been trying to find more off a full body blend as most of the aromatics at my various tobacco stores are "thin" to me.

I went to tobacco store today and the guy recommended and I tried tried the 4rth generation 1887 (I know it contained small amounts of orientals and latiken) to give me a more med to full taste. It was really good. However. I guess I'm looking for something in between and maybe more virginia cavindish.
Any suggestions for a more med to full aromatic? I love aromatics and sweetness just looking for alittle more overall fuller smoke... Thanks.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I would recommend H&H Annie Cake and Classic Burley Cake for a sweet but "full" flavor profile.
Like others, I cut my 1Q with CH 50/50 and it's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.