PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Last week I was perusing my cellar and came across a couple of blends I wasn't crazy about, They are C&D Oriental Silk and C&D Star of The East, OS didn't have enough orientals and SOTE had too much latakia. I basically mixed them in equal amounts. Man, it was pretty dang tasty and smooth (both blends are from 2014) so they had some age on them.

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
Last week I was perusing my cellar and came across a couple of blends I wasn't crazy about, They are C&D Oriental Silk and C&D Star of The East, OS didn't have enough orientals and SOTE had too much latakia. I basically mixed them in equal amounts. Man, it was pretty dang tasty and smooth (both blends are from 2014) so they had some age on them.
That sounds like a good mix. I have about four oz of bulk Star of the East and found it to be very strong and heavy (good for a cold snowy day). I took about an ounce of Star of the East and added bulk red and bright virginia to it. Put it into a mason jar and it has been “blending” for about 5 months. Have not tried it yet. But will do soon!

Jun 23, 2019
Another reason I stopped buying unicorns once they got ridiculous on the secondary market.

There's so many great tobacco blends out there, and if you're smart and pay attention to your own tastes, it's not difficult to mix your own blends to "perfection"

Why pay $125 a 2oz tin when I can get something that suits my tastes better at $5-$15/oz depending on the cost of leaves your palette prefers.