PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Whereas I am not privy to any lobbyists, I can only guess how it goes. As told by the fictional politician, Proc Tall O'Gist.

I was recently asked, "Is flavored tobacco an entry level threat to our young?"
I take the question seriously, so I formed a committee to investigate if there was a problem to investigate. And a subcommittee to assist in the spending of funds for the project.
I am happy to report no problem was found. And it only cost the taxpayer $14.95. Plus extras.
Extras? Well they ordered pizza, so that was $2,985. Twenty for the pizza, plus tip. Our committee chairman's daughter thanked the committee personally for the patronage.
And then there was:
Entertainment
Post-entertainment STD testing
and bonuses
For a total of $3,621,982.00
A bargain to set the pipe smokers mind at ease.
Now of course the subcommittee bills separately and the much needed vacations from the stress and overwork are still underway, so a small final fee will be assessed later. You will note it as a deduction on your pay-stub.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
"Next up on the agenda. Americans are getting over weight . We hereby convene a committee to decide whether to outlaw large pizzas. Mediums should provide enough calories to last the whole day, we dont need people being tempted to eat those extra 6 slices. We'll carve out an exemption for us though, working on all these laws burns a lot of energy. "

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
It's a parody. In reality, they always keep 'finding a problem', so as to continue appropriating money that's not theirs to take and run lives that aren't theirs to run.

consultingdemotivator_grande.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.