PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Here is a picture of my new Ben Wade Blue Diamond Bulldog.

I like the feel of it in my hand and though it's not a bent (I seem to prefer them for some reason) I like the look of it.
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm torn between Escudo, PS Bulls Eye Flake for the non-aro side and Lane Ltd.'s 1-Q or Villiger 1888 Mid Day for the Aro side.
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Thanks everyone! It actually started out yesterday when I bought a Barling Balmoral similar to this:

careysmokeshop_2124_12680003.jpg

It wouldn't pass a pipe cleaner through it (partially because of the filter adapter, but also because of the shoddy hole placement leading to the bowl. So I took it back and looked at a 2002 Peterson St. Patrick's Day bent, but it was worse than the Barling. Then I looked at a Bjarne which had a draw hole that looked like it was drilled from the bowl. I was about give up and just buy a couple of cheap basket pipes when I saw this Ben Wade. Normally, I walk right past straights, but the blue dot on the stem caught my eye. The rest, they say...
I'm looking forward to smoking it tonight, possibly tomorrow since I have to play with the bathroom sink drain after supper.
-Jason

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Looks like a real nice pick up jason. I am sure no matter what tobacco you put in it, it will smoke great.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I don't put a lot of faith in the pipe cleaner test. No Peterson System pipe that I have will pass nor will some of my best smokers. But the Ben Wade ROCKS!!! You got a gem there.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
pstlpkr, I'm learning...
Thanks, unclearthur! The Peterson I looked at was NOT a system pipe. My WDC Wellington has an almost identical system and the Peterson had a mortise and tenon set-up. I'm always a bit leery of pipes that won't pass a pipe cleaner since there is a tendency for some of my pipe to gurgle. Obviously, some of this could be due to improper packing, moisture content of the blend, ambient humidity, etc., but it gets annoying to have to fight with a pipe if it begins to gurgle and won't pass a pipe cleaner through.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.