Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gord

Can't Leave
A while ago, my smokin' buddy Mike looked at my collection and said, "you need a few more straight pipes!" (I have about eight, and enjoy them when I'm not doing the long-stemmed thing.)

So a day later, he came over for an evening bowl, and presented me with a Brigham Tundra, style 47. A beautiful pipe and gift indeed. Dublin style bowl, sandblasted finish, deep trench and the draft hole right at the bottom. However, the pipe has a slight but definite curve on the mouthpiece.

I asked about this, and Mike being a man of few words (mostly 'cause he's almost deaf lol!) said "Nah, nothing really straight jumped out at me. You're a little too bent.", or words to that effect.

That was it! Made my week and more. Breaking it in with a mild aromatic and can tell you it is indeed a fine smoking pipe and fits right in with my Peterson and Savinelli as the jewels of my little collection. It's large bowl fits right in with a long evening smoke!

Fuelman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
A while ago, my smokin' buddy Mike looked at my collection and said, "you need a few more straight pipes!" (I have about eight, and enjoy them when I'm not doing the long-stemmed thing.)

So a day later, he came over for an evening bowl, and presented me with a Brigham Tundra, style 47. A beautiful pipe and gift indeed. Dublin style bowl, sandblasted finish, deep trench and the draft hole right at the bottom. However, the pipe has a slight but definite curve on the mouthpiece.

I asked about this, and Mike being a man of few words (mostly 'cause he's almost deaf lol!) said "Nah, nothing really straight jumped out at me. You're a little too bent.", or words to that effect.

That was it! Made my week and more. Breaking it in with a mild aromatic and can tell you it is indeed a fine smoking pipe and fits right in with my Peterson and Savinelli as the jewels of my little collection. It's large bowl fits right in with a long evening smoke!
What, no picture? It sounds like a beautiful pipe.

Reactions: gord

gord

Can't Leave
What, no picture? It sounds like a beautiful pipe.
That'll be coming but in a different thread next week . . . . Little secret. I grew up with a camera around my neck, (my entire family is heavily involved in the fine arts one way or another) and when i was going to University pursuing all kinds of Music and Educational Curriculum degrees, I subsidized my education by working both as a freelance violinist, and as a studio photographer, working as a darkroom rat and assistant studio portrait and tabletop advertising photographer. Usually got assigned to the Santa Clause jobs lol! I was too rowdy to ever get much in the way of scholarships! :LOL:

My basic tools are a 4x5 studio view, or 4x5/5x7 field cameras, and i don't really do much snapshot work. Won't ever use a cellphone to take a picture. I loath cellphones totally. Still do about 75% of my photo stuff on film, but do have a couple of DSLRs that I use for color work and as an exposure meter for the big guns.

Will be doing some of this display stuff for the forum this coming week. :col:

Last edited:

Fuelman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
That'll be coming but in a different thread next week . . . . Little secret. I grew up with a camera around my neck, (my entire family is heavily involved in the fine arts one way or another) and when i was going to University pursuing all kinds of Music and Educational Curriculum degrees, I subsidized my education by working both as a freelance violinist, and as a studio photographer, working as a darkroom rat and assistant studio portrait and tabletop advertising photographer. Usually got assigned to the Santa Clause jobs lol! I was too rowdy to ever get much in the way of scholarships! :LOL:

My basic tools are a 4x5 studio view, or 4x5/5x7 field cameras, and i don't really do much snapshot work. Won't ever use a cellphone to take a picture. I loath cellphones totally. Still do about 75% of my photo stuff on film, but do have a couple of DSLRs that I use for color work and as an exposure meter for the big guns.

Will be doing some of this display stuff for the forum this coming week. :col:
Looking forward to that.

gord

Can't Leave
Guess I cannot escape the snapshot syndrome on forums. :rolleyes:

So here is the Brigham Tundra, modelled with a 6" cob for size comparison, against my dirty kitchen wall at 7:30 am. Haven't even had my morning coffee yet. For those of you who care about such things, I shot it with my outdoor DSLR, a Pentax K-s2, with a 35mm Pentax Macro Limited f2.8 in window light. I use this camera as an exposure meter for my large format view cameras, to keep a record of exposures and retain a color digital shot of the large 4x5 or 5x7 film. Yeah, I still shoot film, develop it, and print it. Almost all in B&W. Enjoy.

pipe.JPG

The bowl is actually very large, and the wall fairly thin. Holds lots of tobacco, and although not yet broken in, doesn't smoke hot, draws very well and is very controllable. T'will become a favourite. Already is! Cheers.

Last edited: