PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethananth

Lurker
Apr 14, 2019
Florida
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

I Lost a ropp pipe a year or two ago outside partially buried in the ground I finally found it. I cleaned it up a bit sanded the weathered bowl as the finish was worn off due to rain and water and painted it. It still smokes like it did. The makers mark is gone and such so I had no concerns about painting it green. I even waxed it a bit.Before and after photos.20200513_104254.jpg20200512_203700.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like it made it in good shape. Painting pipes may not be the best choice, but it looks pretty good. I like my one Ropp, a straight deep red stained apple with silver colored bands and a deep cherry red stain. French pipes generally are good value. Thank you for sharing this rescue with us.

Reactions: bnichols23

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Same thing happened to me. My grandsons, years ago, were out behind my yard shed smoking one of my Dr. Grabow Royal Duke pipes. I guess they heard someone coming and buried the pipe. I always wondered where that pipe went to. I found it about 2 yrs later while doing some work around the shed. It was weathered quite a bit, but after some extensive maintenance I got the pipe back to where it was when they took it. I smoke it to this day and it's fine. Can't be a Grabow.

Status
Not open for further replies.