PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Saw it on Ebay and just couldn't turn it down for the price it was. A La Torre from the Peter Kent series.
448392047_o.jpg

448391967_o.jpg

448391867_o.jpg

I do love looking forward to packages.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I do love looking forward to packages.

I hate waiting for packages, or anything for that matter. Going to the mailbox everyday only to be let down! On topic though, awesome pipe, hope it smokes as well as it looks!

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
I agree with Simon... very classic look.... hope it smokes well for you...

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I like the classic shape of your new pipe very much....should be a comfortable smoker.... :clap:

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
On behalf of the pipe Thanks for all the compliments. :)
I'm usually not a fan of saddle stems done like that but I just can't see that one with a standard tapered. It just wouldn't look right after knowing how it looks with the saddle.

I'm sure watching the classic "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" and the "Hugh Hefner: Playboy, Activist and Rebel" documentary pushed me towards a classic shape like this.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I used to lean toward the free form and bent persuasion of pipes.

Now I seem to be leaning toward the more traditional/classic shapes.

That is very nice.

I'm not fully Irish, just green with envy.

:mrgreen:

:puffy:

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
You can be sure that I can hardly wait to find out Artie.

Sorry if you hate that nick.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I like classic shapes myself and that is a well executed saddle stemmed billiard. Love the colour and the blast.

westcoastrich

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2011
WOW, what a good looking pipe, If you like a light weight pipe I bet you will have it, probably 45 - 50 grams, and a nice thin bit. I have a few of that shape and they always give me a great smoke and easy to clean afterwards. If it turns out you are not enamered with it, I know quite a few of us would be willing to take it off your hands, ME FIRST.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Haha if I DO begin to consider thinking about selling it I do think I will bring it here first. A casual and friendly buying environment is far and away more preferable than something so mechanical and impersonal as ebay.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Just thought I'd let you all know that it is an excellent smoke. I'll definitely be loving this one for a good long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.