PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
This may come as a surprise, but after smoking a pipe on and off for decades, I finally bought a proper tin of tobacco. And after not too careful consideration, it is Peterson's Early Morning Pipe.

I expect to get into it this holiday weekend, at the latest.

And anticipating the question: I've always bought various house blends from where I was getting my tobacco and other supplies: Draper's in DC, Fader's in Baltimore, the Tobacco Barn in Orange County, Kramer's in Beverly Hills. And I still did so today, picking up the Bright Virginia blend at Tobacco Trader's in Culver City/West LA.

I also have an Aran 408 P-lip and a House Pipe on their way, to celebrate an unexpectedly good and productive week of work.

Hope everyone in the States enjoys the long holiday weekend, and I hope everyone else enjoys the weekend, too.

jyrreb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2019
Hope you enjoy it.

I’m not much of an English fan, but when the itch arrives nothing scratches it quiet like EMP.

Reactions: EssJaySea

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
I snuck outside in between work calls and tried the Virginia blend, which was light, grassy, a little sweet, a good change from Fr. Dempsey and Cary Grant blend, which have long been my two go-tos. A nice warm day smoke. I didn't think I had time to properly consider the EMP.

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
I remember Faders! It's the only place I've seen rope tobacco in the flesh. I miss them, they're gone now. Replaced by Davidus, a cigar store with a few Petes and Savs in a glass case, a few different tins in another, and a few jars of C&D and "house" Lane aromatics.

I only recently started buying tins. The bulks are so damn affordable!

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
I remember Faders! It's the only place I've seen rope tobacco in the flesh. I miss them, they're gone now. Replaced by Davidus, a cigar store with a few Petes and Savs in a glass case, a few different tins in another, and a few jars of C&D and "house" Lane aromatics.

I only recently started buying tins. The bulks are so damn affordable!
I will admit I was a bit surprised by the price, which will probably keep me mainly in house blends or bulks where I can find them. But as an occasional treat, right?

If I remember correctly, I could walk to Fader's during the year I lived in Baltimore -- I have NO memory of driving to it, so I must have been able to.

Reactions: RookieGuy

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
There was a Faders in the mall next to a Ritz Camera. I'd go with my old man when Mom and my sister were looking at something gross, like clothes or something. My dad would be in Ritz while I'd look at the jars of tobacco in rows, like a candy store for men. Men of all dress and nationality. In the camera store, everyone looked thoughtful, with lots of nodding of heads. But right next door, everyone was happy, with lots of laughing and backslapping.

By the time I learned cigars shouldn't come from a gas station, they were gone.

Reactions: RonB and EssJaySea
Status
Not open for further replies.