PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdnase

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2012
Greetings,
My Wife and her Mother went out yesterday and came back with this assortment of pipes and stand. She paid only 7 bucks for the lot. The pipes are Willard Briar. I'm going to clean them up and add em to my collection. I think I'm going to run some MacBaren Honey & Chocolate through one or two.
Onward...

photo.jpg

goldflinger1

Lurker
Aug 6, 2012
I like that stand! looks like there is enough room to prevent the bowls from rubbing against each other.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Nice snag. Bet that third one in looks sharp when you get it restored.

pauliepipes

Lurker
Aug 4, 2012
Now that's a great example of behind a successful man is a great woman. Nothing bad intended. Some people don't know how awesome it is when you get a surprise like that. You have a hobby and your wife is right there to support it. I know, my wife is that way and when I started smoking pipes three(ish) decades ago, my wife would come home and have a new pipe for me without it being any occasion. (hope she does it again now that I am back into it)
Great find ... oh yea the pipe also!

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
I see no less than 3 new members WELCOME... :D
The only thing better than the deal you got was the fact you didn't get it, you wife did for you....

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
You're a lucky man, Erdnase, for several reasons: you have two good women in your life who obviously care about you and you've also bagged some pipes and a stand that were owned by somebody who used them and cared for them. You're also going to have fun with the restoration project as well. If you get jammed up just run up the flag here and start asking questions. There's a wealth of knowledge on this forum and the only dumb questions are the ones unasked.
Have fun and welcome to the forums, friend-o.

erdnase

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2012
Greetings,
Thanks for the great comments my friends!
I've been married for 19 years. She has supported everything I've done. While my Wife doesn't smoke, she'll sit out back with me and enjoy the room note. Well, outdoor note!
I'm having fun on these forums already! Just a wealth of knowledge here!
Onward...

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Welcome, Erdnase! I'm very new here, too, and have been welcomed warmly and given great tips/advice from the getgo! Great snag, too!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the site. That is a heck of a lot for only 7 bucks, hell the stand alone is worth that. It is great to have a spouse take an interest in your hobby, you are very lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.