90 Year Old Meerschaums Find A New Home (pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Claudio Cavicchi Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
24 Fresh Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Pipes
18 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I have had the pleasure of making some fine friends on here. I have experienced generosity that is a great breath of fresh air in a society that is so very self centered and find myself daily smoking pipes that I will treasure for life because of it. The pipe I am sitting here smoking is no exception. I actually have been given 3 antique meers and an antique Danish Porcelain by Simon aka Condorlover. They all have beautiful amber stems, a first for me. I have yet to receive one of the meers as it is being repaired, but the 2 and the porcelain I have received are just beauties. They are from the 1920's and are in remarkable shape for their age. So far I have only smoked one, but it smokes like a dream and is just beautiful to look at. It has a deceptively large bowl and the inaugural smoke was Blackwoods flake and lasted me about an hour. Here are some pics. The top photo isn't the best quality but you can see the cased Canadian meer, a pretty rare pipe as most of those probably got broken along the way, 2nd pipe is the porcelain with a gold band, and the 3rd is a short fatty and what I'm currently smoking.

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Very nice pipes Dave. I like the shape of the one you are smoking in the pic.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Awesome Dave, those are very nice. Amber has unique feel on the teeth when clenched. BTW, what's that stamping on the porcelain pipe?

stosho

Might Stick Around
Aug 10, 2013
I just had one returned with a replaced stem. Looking forward to trying it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.