PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
1643837762496.png

Royal Blend is interesting combination of Virginia Burlies and Cavendish tobaccos.

This comes out of the can moist but proper and burns ultra-cool and rich. Opening the can rewards in liquor-filled candy cordials dipped in honey, somewhat warmed and busted open, oozing gooey sweetness and depth. I used a bent-apple (my original from 2002, well-seasoned and caked properly). I was surprised that after 45 minutes I had only smoked about 1/3rd of it! Slow, rich plumes reward here.

The Burley and Cavendish are separate and distinct initially, but turn way to a medley of Butterscotch over toast and blackberry jam, the Cavendish not being a "vanilla monster", not intruding but cooperating with the burley very nicely.

Though the complexity here is mild, so is the nicotine and zero tongue bite. Actual tobacco taste is present but again is balanced and a bit behind, which ultimately is what you want in an aromatic.

This blend is super-pleasant and tasty.

Though Dark Blend is one dimensional, this one is two.. no.. two and a half dimensional that become one final flavor. Not a lot of complex depth but very tasty. It's well-crafted and delicious, and a great aromatic.

Highly recommended.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
View attachment 125897

Royal Blend is interesting combination of Virginia Burlies and Cavendish tobaccos.

This comes out of the can moist but proper and burns ultra-cool and rich. Opening the can rewards in liquor-filled candy cordials dipped in honey, somewhat warmed and busted open, oozing gooey sweetness and depth. I used a bent-apple (my original from 2002, well-seasoned and caked properly). I was surprised that after 45 minutes I had only smoked about 1/3rd of it! Slow, rich plumes reward here.

The Burley and Cavendish are separate and distinct initially, but turn way to a medley of Butterscotch over toast and blackberry jam, the Cavendish not being a "vanilla monster", not intruding but cooperating with the burley very nicely.

Though the complexity here is mild, so is the nicotine and zero tongue bite. Actual tobacco taste is present but again is balanced and a bit behind, which ultimately is what you want in an aromatic.

This blend is super-pleasant and tasty.

Though Dark Blend is one dimensional, this one is two.. no.. two and a half dimensional that become one final flavor. Not a lot of complex depth but very tasty. It's well-crafted and delicious, and a great aromatic.

Highly recommended.
I really like this one. It's not overly complex but I think as you smoke it you'll find more complexity then you've noticed so far. It's certainly an aro but it's still tobaccoish. Great stuff. And available in bulk.