PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
I added 4oz of this to my last order on the name alone. I've had about 8 bowls of this stuff so far and it never dissapoints. It's a great slow burner with lots of buttery, nutty flavours. It reminds me of walnut butter on buttered toast. It went really well with a big tankard of Earl Grey tea and it was 'ok' with an espresso. I found the tea really brightened the flavours of the tobacco and vise versa. It is a nice combination I really enjoy now that it's getting colder out. I still smoke my English blends but not as much as I expected to at this time of year but the real cold temps are a few weeks away yet.
I would strongly recommend this blend to new pipers looking for a nice flavoured aromatic. There's no bite, a little moist to my liking and a few hours in open air on the table was enough to put it where I like it. Like most of 4noggins' blends if you smoke this too fast you will have little to no flavour and it will taste like a hot pipe. Smoke it slow and sip gently and all the flavour comes out front and no bad aftertastes. This is part of my regular rotation and has bumped Three Blind Moose out but I will add some more to the collection for little tastes here and there.

Happy smokin' everyone! :puffy:

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I will plus one this or whatever you call it. I normally do not wander from English blends. This however at the price point is a great change of pace. Espically with over a year worth of age on it. Certainly worth the buy.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
I'm a burley lover and I've been looking at this blend on his website, but haven't ordered it yet. I'll be sure to try it soon. Thanks for the review Cav.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
Butternut Burley is a wonderful tobacco blend, has more of a nutty flavour than

Lanes BL/WB. This tobacco smokes nicely when dried some, no bite with this one.

kcpoe

Might Stick Around
Oct 9, 2013
I like McCllelands Walnut Liqueur. I am gonna have to give the Butternut Burley from 4noggins a shot. Sounds great.
I keep hearing about Earl Grey tea too.....gonna have to pick some of that up to go with it ;]

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
P&C also carries a Buttrrnut Burley, Scotty's blends I believe. I wonder if they are the same? I love the one P&C carries.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Butternut Burley is my favorite Burley. To me it is the "Trout Stream" of the Burley world! I also order mine through P&C.

It has a great room note, and always burns cool and complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.