PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
I will just bundle my experiences with 3 blends I just received instead of wasting everyone's time reading separate ones.

Paladin: Room note is very pleasant, doesn't taste like cherries but has a nice sweetness to it, burn rate is adequate. Would I buy this again? No. But I did enjoy Paladin as i feel it would be a good evening smoke for anyone interested.

Half & Half: Flat out NO. This blend is horrible.

Velvet: Very bland tasting with a hint of sweetness. Very smooth but will not try again.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Thank you for sharing! I find myself moving away from aros and settling nicely in straight VAs, but I still go for aros from time to time, weather permitting. I'll heed your advice here on the first two, since I already have several jarred aros I'm sampling these days, mainly dessert-y stuff from Sutliff. I might recommend to you two CAO blends, Moontrance and Eileen's Dream, as I found them to be nice for the evening time.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Yo
I know

my observation nor opinion matters but I thought it would be of interest to people but I guess I was wrong.
You might have missed the context here. It is not a sleight against you in the least. It was a response to the post that wondered if you had access to better quality tobaccos. I referred to the fact that you reviewed many of them in the past few weeks and compared you to JimInks, who as others will tell you, is the single most prolific and well known reviewer.

As I said above, I appreciate your approach. Keep going!

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
Yo

You might have missed the context here. It is not a sleight against you in the least. It was a response to the post that wondered if you had access to better quality tobaccos. I referred to the fact that you reviewed many of them in the past few weeks and compared you to JimInks, who as others will tell you, is the single most prolific and well known reviewer.

As I said above, I appreciate your approach. Keep going!
Nothing against you man.. I appreciate the kind words. I have been told several times to keep quiet until I have a few years under my belt. That's the worse thing someone can tell me. I will say that I had a listener of my podcast send me Capstan Ready Rub and should be arriving soon. It will be my first flake and hope to give my take on it. I am also creating a YT channel this weekend coming at it from a beginner's approach since there arent many channels out there doing that.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I have been told several times to keep quiet until I have a few years under my belt.
Yeah, that’s a millennia old tradition. Neophytes have no voice unless it is to ask questions or pick up pearls of wisdom from their more experienced betters, while kneeling in adulation.

I think your perspective is pretty straight forward. “I’m a beginner. Here’s what I’m experiencing.” You’re not pretending to be expert or parroting “wisdom” you picked up yesterday.

People can choose to click on your threads or not. Oh yeah, and if you want a real pipe education search up JimInks reviews on TobaccoReviews.com, if you haven’t already.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
Yeah, that’s a millennia old tradition. Neophytes have no voice unless it is to ask questions or pick up pearls of wisdom from their more experienced betters, while kneeling in adulation.

I think your perspective is pretty straight forward. “I’m a beginner. Here’s what I’m experiencing.” You’re not pretending to be expert or parroting “wisdom” you picked up yesterday.

People can choose to click on your threads or not. Oh yeah, and if you want a real pipe education search up JimInks reviews on TobaccoReviews.com, if you haven’t already.
You are most correct. Yes, I love tobaccoreviews.com.. I have reviewed a couple on there.

Reactions: philobeddoe

Reggie

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2020
Gardendale, Alabama
Nothing against you man.. I appreciate the kind words. I have been told several times to keep quiet until I have a few years under my belt. That's the worse thing someone can tell me. I will say that I had a listener of my podcast send me Capstan Ready Rub and should be arriving soon. It will be my first flake and hope to give my take on it. I am also creating a YT channel this weekend coming at it from a beginner's approach since there arent many channels out there doing that.
I like the reviews. Keep em coming! You must have thick skin around here but its all in good fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.