PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

domd

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
Here is my second pipe came out kinda messed up my fault/wood bubbles. It had alot of imperfections which ended up teaching me alot about wood. I figured I would finish it anyways. Also decided to leave a couple of the chisel marks. Its an block from Norwoods Pipe Repair. Defifantly not an cheap hobby but an fun one.
Note: Ill stop posting these here if its annoying the guys over at "Pipe Makers Forum" tend to not comment much on kit pipes"

-DOMD
pipe-2-3-600x450.jpg

pipe-2-2-600x450.jpg

pipe-2-1-600x450.jpg

domd

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
I'm done shaping it. It seemed the more I shaped it the more black pits I found so I just ended it there. I ended up liking the corners. I used transfast dye 1 very thin black coat and 4 or 5 very thin light oaks coats. Then diamond buff and then carnuba wax.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
nice job man. most those guys on pipe maker forum started with pipe kits. i love the kits. up to i think 30 pipes. keep making them.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I have been toying with the idea of trying my hand at this. Where are some good places to get kits, and supplies?

domd

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
For the pre drilled blocks I like Norwoods pipe repair I like the quality and price. I can post a pic of it before I started on it if you would like. He also does really cheap shipping which is a plus. Alot of people use Pimos tools and blocks I haven't tried them yet.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Looking real good Dom. About all I would change would be to make the shank narrower and more defined.

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I just got my first block off of eBay. Don't even have a stem specifically for it, just going to trade it between the one I'm making and my very first pipe lol.

fatman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
Nice work, Dom. I wanted to make my own but w/no tools and a case of lazy-ass, I've never gotton around to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.