PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey guys just got this email from Skip.
Hi every one, We are getting close to the annual event for The Briary. It will be January 17th and if you have never attended this event it is some thing that you do not want to miss. This year we have two special guests. Jeff Smith from the James Norman company will be here with a fantastic assortment of pipes. We buy quite a few pipes from them such as Camminto , Ferndown and plenty of less expensive pipes. I am super excited to have Brian Rowley from Fairhope Alabama in house. He is a world class pipe maker and will be here to answer your questions and possibly do some demonstrations. His Growley pipes are becoming very well known. Brian has made us six pipes that will be available only at the show. They are classic billiards made in the style of the Dunhill LB series. This has always been my favorite billard. I think every one will want one but only the lucky six of you will get one and you must attend the event in order to buy one. I hope that you have a great holiday season and we will see you on January 17th. Thanks, Skip
Last year Vorhees, Politicalmonster, and I met up and went and had a blast. They have a slow smoking contest with prizes as well as tons of free samples and an amazing selection of pipes. The Briary is located in Birmingham, AL and the event is all day. I will definitey be there again this year.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
That store is legendary and awesome - it will be like Woodstock - massive turnout - all are urged to attend!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yes it is very fun. Last year they had Eric Nording there and a variety of pipes that he made or from his company. looks like it's going to be a great time. The slow small contest is free to enter and they always have great prizes. You have to pace yourself though I'm not smoke all of the free samples or you might turn a little green.

I've already got dibs on one of those Growleys event pipes. Brian is a great guy, which makes buying one of his pipes, so much easier. I like knowing that I have something of quality, plus them being very nice and easy going.
Also, Skip didn't mention this in the email, but I've been hearing secret chatter that Two Cousins will have some racks and pipe furniture available at the event.
And, of course I will be there, with sterling silver and opal tampers available. Everyone confuses Skip and me when I'm there, redheads with beards, but I'm the prettier one, ha ha.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Cool, Michael..I am not purchasing a pipe this year since I bought one and won one last year(unless the slow smoke is good to me again-LUCKY). I may be picking up something from you now. I still have that commissioned piece in mind as well.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
It's a tough break for me cause I'm going to be there the very next weekend..But I will have to stop in and swing by for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.