PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarfriar

Can't Leave
It’s that time once again for the annual gathering of good friends, good stories, good tobacco, good food, and . . .

The 2014 Northeast Regional Pipe Smoking Contest!
Festivities to begin at 1pm on Saturday, December 13, 2014 at the Southern Dutchess and Putnam Sportsman's Association

378 Cedar Hill Road, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590

Registration is $50. ($10 of which goes to the SDPSA for renting the facility for the day) We are going to have to limit the the number of contest participants to the first 48 registration forms returned. Fee includes your contest pipe, tobacco, and buffet. Since pipes will be made according to the number of people who have registered, no refunds can be considered.
Please fill out the form below, make check payable to Bill Feuerbach, and send both to Bill at

219 North Street

Newburgh, NY 12550

email: smokepipes@aol.com

phone (at S.M.Frank): (800) 431-2752
**Please Note***In the event that we receive more than 48 registration forms, we will not turn anyone away. But those received after the first 48 will not be able to participate in the smoking contest, unless one of the first 48 chooses not to participate and relinquishes their spot and the pipe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill, please enter my name in the 2014 Northeast Regional Pipe Smoking contest. I am enclosing my non-refundable registration fee in the amount of $50. (SDPSA members wanting to attend can do so for $40.)

NAME:

ADDRESS:

EMAIL:

PHONE:

CLUB AFFILIATION:

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
As always, I will be there!

We will have sales tables at the event, so bring your Holiday money!!!!!

See you there!

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
I'm close but unfortunately it doesn't seem as if I'll be able to make it...too close to finals. Maybe next year!
Finals, shminals.....

Grow a set and be a man!!!! SHEESH!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! :P

briarfriar

Can't Leave
An update from the boss:
Gentleman,
A quick update on this Saturdays event. We are currently at 55 people registered. I think this will be a final number but there may be a straggler or two. The event officially starts at 1pm but members of the HVPC will be there by 11:30am for exhibitor set up.
We will have quite a few vendors at the event. Pipemakers Rolando Negoita, Joe Skoda, Paul Bonacquisti, Tim Hynick and Kaywoodie. Neil from Smokin' Holsters, Neal Yarm with his unique pipe stands, Pipes2Dream, estate pipes from Andy Camire, Pete Rothenberg, Sam Weeks, Vernon Vig, Sean Noonan, Dave Ruth, Hank Saatchi, Howie Rothstein, and Dennis McMahon. Sean and Dennis will be selling pipes, racks and tobacco from Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman's estate for the family. So if your looking for a holiday gift for yourself there will be plenty to pick from. A few guys can take credit cards and possibly a check, but most on the list will be cash only so plan accordingly.
With the change in venue, we had to change caterers this year, but we found a local guy who comes highly recommended. Our menu will be similar to previous years with Chicken Marsala, Sausage & Peppers, Meatballs, Penne alla Vodka, Pasta Primavera, Eggplant Parm, 6 feet of Hero, rolls, and Ceasar Salad. There will be the usual snacks before dinner. Cake and cookies for desert. Beer, wine and soda is provided. This year we are trying something new as far as the beer is concerned. We will have two sixtels (1/6 of a keg) of beer on tap from Newburgh Brewing Co. A local brewery with some excellent craft beers. We will have Newburgh Brown Ale and East Kolsch on tap. Check out their website for descriptions on the beer.
Many of us know that a good scotch or bourbon pairs nicely with a bowl full of tobacco. We do have a community "bar" for these tasty beverages, but it is not included with your entry fee so if you think you'll be drinking some, bring some to donate and share:)
As indicated in the registration flyer, the event is at the Southern Dutchess and Putnam Sportsman's Association located at 378 Cedar Hill Road, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590. (Some GPS's may identify that street address as Fishkill). But the directions are easy off of Route 84, Exit 13 (Route 9). Take Route 9 North approximately 1 mile to Route 52. Take a right at the light onto 52 East. Slightly more than a mile will be Cedar Hill Road on your left. Turn left onto Cedar Hill Road and the Gun Club will be about 1.3 miles on the left. The outdoor gun range is open Saturday so you will here gunshots during the day. The clubhouse building is cozy with lots of mounts on the walls and a fireplace that will be burning during the day. And a ceiling exhaust fan will keep the air moving so the smoke is not too overwhelming.
The weather forecast as of now shows a dusting of snow Friday night but so far Saturday looks OK, improving during the day even. Nothing like last year:):) So I hope to see you all there and hopefully the new location works out for everyone.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me.
Best regards

Bill Feuerbach

HVPC Member

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
To add to this update, I will have the LAST OF THE LAST of Dick Silverman's / Chief Catoonah award winning "PRINCES STREET MIXTURE" for sale at this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.