PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
About 15 years ago a tobacco shop closed in Columbia, Missouri and I bought a cardboard box full of 1 1/2 ounce blends for $2 each for English blends and $1 for most aromatics.

Some I smoked then, some I’ve scattered between farm and home and office, and I’ve given some away.

Last fall I found two pouches of 2006 dated Altadis 525 Byzantium and it was powder dry, and I put both in one plastic pouch around an apple slice to moisten it. I got it too wet, removed the apple slice, and about a year later i found the pouch again, and it’s perfectly rehydrated, by my standards.

I filled my new to me Algerian Straight Grain squat apple shaped pipe that rights itself when it’s tipped over, and fired up a bowl.

Oh, my, this tastes good.

English blends do not get better than this.

It’s not complex. It tastes like tobacco with enough Latika in the blend to knock over a Turk.

15 years have mellowed this where you can inhale in your throat enough to blow smoke through your nose and there’s nothing harsh, hot, or bitey about it, just a pure Latika bomb. There are Virginias and Orientals in this, but it tastes like a Latikia flavored ice cream cone.

Don’t worry about setting back English blends.

They’ll be fine, in 15 years.

Reactions: Ahi Ka and didimauw