Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2016
Seems like more often than not, JR ends up not having the item in stock. I think they taught Pipes & Cigars inventory control.
My experience (considerable, particularly if you incidental the dozens of tins of McClelland I bought over about 18 months using a seemingly evergreen coupon code from Cigar Dojo for 15 or 20% off which you could every now and then stack with another promo such as free shipping) is that if they show it in stock and the system lets you order it, you get it. They don‘t do backorders. The one time this proved not to be true they credited my PayPal account in just a day or two. They credited my account for the regular price, even though I had gotten a 30% discount. I sent them a check for the difference, maybe $12 or so, with.an explanatory note. About six weeks later, I got an email from someone in accounting thanking me and telling me they were tearing up my check.

I know others have had different experiences, and sometimes it seems when they screw up it is really a doozy, but I have been a satisfied customer for decades, even before I became a pipe smoker.

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
Thanks for the heads up!
15 more tins of Escudo heading my direction for the cellar.
I haven't ordered anything from them in years. I used to order a lot of cigars from them years ago. I'm sure they miss me ?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
My experience (considerable, particularly if you incidental the dozens of tins of McClelland I bought over about 18 months using a seemingly evergreen coupon code from Cigar Dojo for 15 or 20% off which you could every now and then stack with another promo such as free shipping) is that if they show it in stock and the system lets you order it, you get it. They don‘t do backorders. The one time this proved not to be true they credited my PayPal account in just a day or two. They credited my account for the regular price, even though I had gotten a 30% discount. I sent them a check for the difference, maybe $12 or so, with.an explanatory note. About six weeks later, I got an email from someone in accounting thanking me and telling me they were tearing up my check.

I know others have had different experiences, and sometimes it seems when they screw up it is really a doozy, but I have been a satisfied customer for decades, even before I became a pipe smoker.

I used to order some cigars from them. Never a problem. I tried ordering some pipe tobacco from them a couple of years ago and their actual inventory wasnt a match for what they listed online. I called in to check, the guy I talked to said their pipe tobacco inventory was all screwed up. I did buy a bunch of McClelland tins at their NC store in December 2017.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Thanks for the heads up, I picked up a box of EPC Encore torpedos. When I first tried one last summer as soon as I lit up I knew it was something special. I’ve been looking for an excuse to add more to the humidor and this is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.