PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
First Thing, this guy isn’t going to ghost for those that worry about that sort of thing.

While 2 1/2 years isn’t really that long, I expected to see some signs of aging. The Cake looks young. In fact it looks and smells like C&D Redburn, but I can tell immediately that the burly is absent. The Virginia’s are stoved and the rum adds a distinct sweetness. It’s not harsh, but I could see how a brand new tin would be. There’s notes of grassy- citrus from the bright virginias and a bit of that malty bread and earth from the red Virginias. It gets a little bolder as the embers settle at the bottom of the bowl. It’s not complex, it’s a simple Virginia cake. I like it, but will age the next few tins I buy for at least 5 years. I expect the tobacco to darken and ferment to perfection.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I’ve got a tin about that age. I wasn’t crazy about this blend fresh, and thanks to this review, I think I’ll let the other tin go a bit longer. It was kind of harsh new, I thought. Hope that ages off a bit. Thanks!

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I’ve got a tin about that age. I wasn’t crazy about this blend fresh, and thanks to this review, I think I’ll let the other tin go a bit longer. It was kind of harsh new, I thought. Hope that ages off a bit. Thanks!
Yea, let it age. I like RedBurn better. Because of the burley content. Runner and Redburn are so similar. 5 years + on this one.

Reactions: lightmybriar
Status
Not open for further replies.