PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

degglesfield

Lurker
Nov 10, 2012
apologies if this is in the wrong section

Have two new pipes and was breaking them in last night, and from what ive read you need to keep (generally) 1 for aromatics and one for traditionals, anywho.....the 2nd pipe i smoked had a balkan blend in it and after i finished the bowl noticed it was nay impossible to draw on the pipe, so i thrust a trusty pipe cleaner down it but to no avail, then the pointy bit of a 3 piece pipe tool dohickey (im such a newb lol) but it just wont go through

On measuring it down the shank with the pointy tool it must be a fairly small blockage but it seems impenetrable, any ideas chaps?

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Your pipe should not be blocked up that tight yet. I wonder if the drilling is off and your pipe pick is hitting wood insead of going through the hole to the small blockage.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
i thrust a trusty pipe cleaner down it but to no avail, then the pointy bit of a 3 piece pipe tool dohickey ......but it just wont go through
You DID take the stem off when you put the pointy bit of the Czech tool ( that's what they're called ) through, right?
Have you tried blowing through it, with the stem attached, and with the stem removed ?

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Your pipe should not be blocked up that tight yet. I wonder if the drilling is off and your pipe pick is hitting wood insead of going through the hole to the small blockage.
You DID take the stem off when you put the pointy bit of the Czech tool ( that's what they're called ) through, right?
Have you tried blowing through it, with the stem attached, and with the stem removed ?
Good points,both.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I tried the pointy thing of the 3 part pipe tool in one I got off ebay 10 days ago & busted the tip of the stem. Won't do that again. Krazy glue fixed it till I send it in somewhere. After glueing it whistled so loud when drawing on the pipe I could have refereed a NFL game with it. Drill bit fixed that.

degglesfield

Lurker
Nov 10, 2012
Thanks guys, yes I took the stem off, and the blockage must be literally a few mm in from the bowl, ill try all your suggestions tomorrow and report back, thanks again, and can I say what a great relaxed and helpful forum this is : )

Status
Not open for further replies.