PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Just scored two pounds of SG 1792 Flake from my new favorite online tobacconist: http://fujipub.com/82ave/index.html
Very nice people, and shorter ship times than the East coast.
Asp

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
A definite acquired taste. It's very strong. The Tonkin bean adds a distinctive taste to the tobacco. Supposedly it is a carcinogen. And I have seen people turn green after just a few puffs. But I enjoy it.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
For some reason that is the only form of tobacco that made me dry heave. I smoke a good bit of cigars and heavy pipe blends but this one just doesn't sit well with me.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I agree that it's strong, but that's exactly what I like about it, along with the aroma. With cooler weather here, it's one of my all-time faves. Two pounds out to get me through the next Samuel Gawith drought, eh?
Asp

briarbrian

Lurker
Mar 26, 2010
Fort Gratiot MI
I used to be able to smoke it but I have become a wimp!! LOL It has just too much nicotine for me and makes me have to lay down after smoking. Its a bummer too because I really enjoyed the flavor of it too.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I just ordered some from smokingpipes.com and can't wait to give it a go. I will definitely have to try it on a full tummy from what I am reading here.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I like to smoke it in my Giant Ropp along with a glass of Bean Rye and a PBR back. It's a rush but seems to wear off soon enough. After that first surge of nicotine, the rest of the pipe seems ordinary to me.
Asp

skipper

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2010
It's an old favorite of mine. Preferably in medium to small sized bowls (Petes, of course) it's a joy to smoke.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Finally got up the nerve to break this open and smoke a bowl. Had it about an hour ago and still feeling the effects of it. Great smoke though. Will have to smoke more of it to make a real opinion of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.