PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikethompson

Comissar of Christmas
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Welcome to the Pipesmagazine 2024 Secret Santa Thread

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„Limited Edition Special Reserve Deluxe Collectors Edition ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

1000001373.jpg

Yes! (Un) Fortunately it's that time of the year again! Time for a single thread to de-rail your life, upend your productivity, and define your forum life for the next few months - the Pipesmagazine Secret Santa Thread!

Hold for applause.
Firstly, a hearty Som Besths to each one of you. The Secret Santa has been an annual tradition, and I'm proud to continue its illustrious march into your hearts and pocketbooks, steamrolling through whatever holidays stand in its way, or whatever other threads try to detract from its attention.

If you have done Secret Santa before, you know the drill, and the spiraling madness that will consume your forum life from now until the last match gets their package and I do a final post, and go back into hibernation for another year.

If you haven't done Secret Santa here before, please read the rules below. They are designed to make this as easy as possible for everyone, especially me.

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„ RULES OF THE GAME ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

1. You must have at least 100 posts as of today, October 19, 2024 to participate. This is to ensure all participants are active on the forum, and won't take advantage of someone's generosity. If you have less than 100, someone who does must vouch for you. No exceptions. Exceptions will be made only after I recieve your payment.

2. You must agree to send 2 tins (or equivalent) to the person you are matched with. In the past we have seen very generous gifts of pipes, tins of tobacco, mining rights, stellar bodies, and the like. That is at the senders discretion.

3. Participate in the thread! We have a lot of fun here, join in. Post your preferences so your Secret Santa knows what to send you.

4. No complaining about what your match sent you. Enjoy the gift in the spirit it was sent please.

5. We all enjoy a good meme, but please try keep them at least somewhat related to Christmas.

Unlike other years, there is no online form to fill out. You do still need to sign up obviously. Just saying "I'm in" means nothing. To sign up:

Send an email with the following to the below email:

- Your screen name
-Your name
-Your mailing address
-Tobacco preferences (please keep this brief)
-If you'd be willing to ship internationally

1000001374.jpg

Just a reminder that this entirely volunteer effort, and I have many behind the scenes elves to help it run smoothly. Thank you each and everyone of you. Except you, you know who you are and why.

The deadline for participating this year is:

NOVEMBER 23, 2024

Matches will be sent out the following week

Thats it for now, have fun everyone!

6vhac8 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I always look forward to the Secret Santa thread and hope to participate.
Because something has gone kaphlooey with my spine Iโ€™m unable to walk much and only in excruciating pain, so I might have to skip it this year. But if things improve Iโ€™ll sign up!
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Back pain is by far some of the worst. Even a minor twinge can ruin a lot of activity and when it's severe, it's debilitating. Get well soon!

Reactions: sablebrush52

mikethompson

Comissar of Christmas
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I always look forward to the Secret Santa thread and hope to participate.
Because something has gone kaphlooey with my spine Iโ€™m unable to walk much and only in excruciating pain, so I might have to skip it this year. But if things improve Iโ€™ll sign up!

Jesse, that's too bad. There is always a spot in PMSS 2024 if you choose.