PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Wheels

Lurker
Mar 19, 2024
Orange county, California
I just had some Sutliff J4-Burley in my cob and it was my best smoke yet. The pipe almost smoked itself, just a few re-lights and burned almost to the bottom. And, zero tongue bite. I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I love this cob with the long stem and interchangeable bowls.

image.png

Fuelman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
I just had some Sutliff J4-Burley in my cob and it was my best smoke yet. The pipe almost smoked itself, just a few re-lights and burned almost to the bottom. And, zero tongue bite. I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I love this cob with the long stem and interchangeable bowls.

image.png
Congratulations! That cob is a neat setup. I’ve never seen one like that. Who makes it?

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Wheels

Lurker
Mar 19, 2024
Congratulations! That cob is a neat setup. I’ve never seen one like that. Who makes it?
Thanks for the comments.

The sticker on the bottom of the cobs just says Missouri Meerschaum and there's a MM co emblem. I got it back in the 60's and never smoked it much then. I like that you can rotate between cobs.

Four of the pipes in the rack were given to me by an elderly neighbor back then. From left to right they are: Emperor, Yelo-Bole, Sunrise, and Essex. The one on the far right is my old Comoy that I chewed a hole in the stem.

johnnyflake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
I am predominately a Cob smoker and I also have never seen a set up like that. Not anywhere and I've been to a lot of Pipe Shows over the years.

Is the bowl end of the bit metal, it looks to be metal and that would be very unique!

Wheels

Lurker
Mar 19, 2024
I am predominately a Cob smoker and I also have never seen a set up like that. Not anywhere and I've been to a lot of Pipe Shows over the years.

Is the bowl end of the bit metal, it looks to be metal and that would be very unique!
Yes, it's a tapered metal sleeve. Here is a close up.
image.png

Here is the label on the bottom of the cobs.
image.png