PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here's an 1896 Patent shape 18 that is almost finished - still need to touch up the rim. I figured I would have a stem that fit it, but was pleasantly surprised that my 1902 amber p-lip worked - not the perfect diameter and p-lips weren't patented until 1898, but it's still getting smoked this way for now.

5Blc0wD.jpeg

kNdrQDR.jpeg

S9NwRPy.jpeg
Looks 100% appropriate!

Groot5225

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2023
Only two B54 were available if they were even posted. You’d think Peterson would do better determining market demand but hey they’ve been striking out the past couple of years.

Reactions: revnatorade

revnatorade

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
Only two B54 were available if they were even posted. You’d think Peterson would do better determining market demand but hey they’ve been striking out the past couple of years.
Needless to say there are plenty of rusticated pipes still available. I'm not sure when Laudisi will get the point. Their normal rustication is very ugly and doesn't seem to sell at all. But they keep churning them out.

jaingorenard

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
Needless to say there are plenty of rusticated pipes still available. I'm not sure when Laudisi will get the point. Their normal rustication is very ugly and doesn't seem to sell at all. But they keep churning them out.
Agreed, really not keen on this current rustication... I've sold all but one of the pipes I had with that finish.

Jon C.P.G.

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2023
Canada
Gotta agree, as much as I love my Petes and I understand the aesthetic inspiration for this finish as it pertains to Ireland the only two I have in that finish are a 2022 St Patrick's day D20 stacked Billiard and the 308 revival (because it wasn't available in any other finish).

I think it looks great on certain shapes (straight lines) and horrible on others (anything with curves).

I think if they did the rustication in an all black stain it might look better, my 313 system Jekyll and Hyde Halloween pipe looks not too bad with the black rustication.

As for pics of my petes, here are a few from IG posts yesterday when I enjoyed some OGS and my favorite blend, 1792 flake in my two 4s Deluxe systems. One is a birth year, I'll be buried with that pipe.

PS much love to @ashdigger for the zippo, I'll be forever grateful my man and I've definitely not forgoffen to always pay it forward 🙏

PPS the Shillelagh tamper is another pipe related item I'll never part with.

Attachments

• 20240522_163047.jpg
    20240522_163047.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240522_191612.jpg
    20240522_191612.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 18

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
Gotta agree, as much as I love my Petes and I understand the aesthetic inspiration for this finish as it pertains to Ireland the only two I have in that finish are a 2022 St Patrick's day D20 stacked Billiard and the 308 revival (because it wasn't available in any other finish).

I think it looks great on certain shapes (straight lines) and horrible on others (anything with curves).

I think if they did the rustication in an all black stain it might look better, my 313 system Jekyll and Hyde Halloween pipe looks not too bad with the black rustication.

As for pics of my petes, here are a few from IG posts yesterday when I enjoyed some OGS and my favorite blend, 1792 flake in my two 4s Deluxe systems. One is a birth year, I'll be buried with that pipe.

PS much love to @ashdigger for the zippo, I'll be forever grateful my man and I've definitely not forgoffen to always pay it forward 🙏

PPS the Shillelagh tamper is another pipe related item I'll never part with.
That tamper is freakin awesome!

Jon C.P.G.

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2023
Canada
That tamper is freakin awesome!
Thanks, it also has a hidden pick inside 😆 the tamper is made of morta and the head is briar. Got it from a guy who makes tampers on etsy. I love how it's worked to even have the tiny nubs as a proper blackthorn shillelagh would have from the thorns being cut off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240523_084631_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240523_084631_Instagram.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240523_084640_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240523_084640_Instagram.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 11