Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

birdog

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2019
Upstate, South Carolina
Step One.....
This started with a recent B& M purchase of two Lane standards....BCA, and one derived from 1Q with some BCA added, that the store called Magic Mountain, I think.
...anyway, we had to be away for a week for elderly caregiving duties, so I set them each on a paper plate , in my office with low humidity, to see if they would dry out any, and after a week.........NO.....THEY DID NOT, AT ALL...VERY STICKY....STILL, aftera week...
PPG???
But, It's all good....they are supposed to be sticky, sweet, right? and it will burn . smell good, and no tongue tingle......

Step Two....
While away , I stopped at a different B&M called Smoker Friendly and got a pouch of their Vanilla and a pouch of Backwoods Original....all four of these puches are vanilla , caramel laden aromatics....very similar, but slightly different.

..the good......well, they don't bite, and they are sweet...can freight train em and no tongue sting....my office smells real nice.
...the bad....well, it would be nice if they were a little drier....I put the backwoods(dream castle?) and the smoker friendly vanilla (sutliff) on plates as welll and will see if they dry out on there own just sitting there for a couple days........

what a hobby...I wanna go back to just one party land line

Non-Mentholated Black Man

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2024
Where Texas Began
...the bad....well, it would be nice if they were a little drier....
Have you considered placing the tobacco in a jar or other sealable/airtight container with a desiccant pack?

I doubt that it would have much effect on whichever humectant(s) has been used but it will almost certainly reduce the water content of the tobacco.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I’ve got two old jars that just have rubber seal and gravity style lids (not airtight at all).
They both have Sutliff/Lane aro mixes in them I whipped up 16 months ago. They have been in air conditioned Arizona (dry) climate all that time and feel the same as they did when they came out of the bag and mixing bowl.

• Haha
Reactions: BingBong

ItsKarl

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2024
Norway
What is PPG?
It's one of these, isn't it?
de70c4e59d98a3ee078e0bc571489632.png

birdog

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2019
Upstate, South Carolina
One hour in the Carolina sun on a paper plate, took care of the Lane blends...Little less time for the other two, and now they aren't overly sticky...a pinch between finger and thumb falls away, packs and burns without excess moisture in the bowl and provides a sweet enjoyable smoke.