PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverwing

Lurker
Apr 14, 2024
Bowling Green, KY
Finished up early at work so I’m enjoying one of my work pipes and some Mac Baren London Blend, which I don’t actually know the name of. Is it golden brown burley? Is it London blend? I think it’s London Blend and contains golden brown burley, but I digress.

In any case, the pipe is a very late 60’s Adjustomatic Grabow. I don’t know what they call this shape, I haven’t seen them make it a ton. This pipe actually has my favorite shape/lines of any pipe in my collection, but it’s got several flaws that have relegated it to work pipe status unfortunately. I need to do some serious work on the stem oxidation, it was too far gone to buff out when I received it, unfortunately.image.jpg

Last edited:

Silverwing

Lurker
Apr 14, 2024
Bowling Green, KY
PS LNF in a Briarworks bent apple. This jar is about five years old and it’s delicious.
I have some LBF from them that is about that age but I get a copper flavor from it that is giving me a hard time.

I’ve heard so much about LNF I will be sorely disappointed if it doesn’t turn out better for me, I intend to pull the trigger and try it soon.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
2 of em? One for the wash and one for the rinse or one for the work and one for the following admiration of the work? :P
Yup two of em. One for the wash and one for the dry. I have two Diplomats for English, two Country Gentleman for Virginia's, and two other cobs for aromatics that are my yard cobs. They are always loaded and ready to go, and if I'm outside, I'm smoking. I'm taking the Country Gentlemen out with Low Country Natural VaBur and getting to work on washing the wife's car....lol20240107_163428.jpg

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
2018 SG Best Brown in a Rad Davis

52890778359_16dcdf0e5f_o.jpg

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
Lovely Tekin. My pipe from him is one of my favorites. I'm so used to the super chunky stem that I almost prefer it now.
I came across your colouring thread that was almost derailed. That’s a real beauty. I have two MBSD meerschaums that are that kind of translucent material and are colouring similarly.

This Tekin meer is smaller, very comfortable and easy to clench compared to the Tekin bent Dublin and pickaxe I have. Those pipes are 70-80 grams and the stems are ginormous.

A while back I was wishing to make all my stems the comfortable thin tapered or saddle bit stems I like so much but I’ve gotten used to the chunkier ones on some of my pipes.

That’s probably good because I was already researching how to make my own stems. I’d need rod stock, a lathe, plenty of tools, a buffer, etc., etc., and a workshop to put all that stuff in. It’s best not to go any further…

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Earlier, I smoked a bowl of unreleased 2023 Sutliff English slab in a brown medium bend 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank with a military mount and a tapered black acrylic stem.
Ser_Jacopo_DelectaR1_rhodesian.jpg

Currently, I am finishing this bowl of unreleased 2021 Sutliff VaPer in a mid-2000 decade Tom Eltang straight black sand blasted canted AJ Dublin with a cream and brown horn ferrule, and a tapered black acrylic stem.
Tom_Eltang_AJDublin.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.