PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rmcnabb

Lurker
Feb 19, 2024
I didn't know it had changed. I have multiple tins in the 15 year old range and haven't had the new stuff. I guess I'll see when my order gets here though. Hoping the "whatsis" is at least half way decent.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
It's amazing how many good VaPers there are. I have not tried most of the ones mentioned here, but only because I found some great ones quickly: St. James Plug, Salty Dogs, Reiner 71, Cabbie's, Louisiana Flake, Esoterica Dorchester and Dunbar. I have tried some others that I really liked, but not enough to load up on them like the ones mentioned above.

tabakpfeife

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2019
My favorite is Dunbar. Good luck.
Old Gowrie
Dorchester
Marlin Flake
Telegraph Hill

These might be a little light in nic hit for some, but these suit me very well.

Reactions: fireground_piper

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
My favorite VaPers as of now are:

Sillem's Councilor 1695 - great if you prefer your VaPers on the earthier side and less sweet. Consistent, burns cooly, and of medium body and finish.

G.L. Pease Windjammer - perhaps my favorite VaPer. Boozy, sweet and slightly sour, but full-bodied and ages exceptionally well.

Cornell & Diehl Bayou Morning - this one is a decent smoke out of the tin, but age does wonders. This blend has a lot of perique, so it has a figgy and spicy profile.