PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

wernerat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2023
Always a great conversation. Even after countless same topic. It just goes to show how tolerant the members are.

Only diet Pepsi will do the right justice to a pipe smoke. Mtn Dew and Dr. Pepper come close second.
Well to be fair let's compare it to music. Basically all cords are already played. We can just change nuances;)
So yeah it's not quite new but as there are surely new members and taste changes over time it is interesting.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Well to be fair let's compare it to music. Basically all cords are already played. We can just change nuances;)
So yeah it's not quite new but as there are surely new members and taste changes over time it is interesting.
True. We don't see too many "go search the topic" as an answer. Members are willing to share things over and over. Or, we are just getting damned old to remember when I answered diet Pepsi last time. Alzheimer or dementia. 😆

wernerat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2023
Any brand names? I'm in the US.
Well ottakringer,wieselburger,hirter,puntigamer for Austrian beer
Czech: real budweiser,stare brno , pilner urquel :) hope you can get some of em :)
Otherwise maybe for next Secret Santa;)

wernerat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2023
True. We don't see too many "go search the topic" as an answer. Members are willing to share things over and over. Or, we are just getting damned old to remember when I answered diet Pepsi last time. Alzheimer or dementia. 😆
Well we are social animals who want to share ourself and get response. Just imagine you ask somebody how he is and he either answers: told you yesterday or even worse won't answer ar all ;)

I could go on now about transaction analysis of Eric Berne . The need of strokes through communication and so on but I won't bore you ;)

On a not psychological note: maybe pipe smokers are just more patient and friendly;)

wernerat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2023
I tell another secret: in every story from the beginning of time there is always a victim, a bad guy and a rescuer ;) and they even often change position.
Not quite
There are classics and masterpieces
Then there are series of farts strung together masquerading as “music” :rolleyes:

DrBryant

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2024
Houston, TX
I have a sweet tooth, I enjoy Texas Tea brand peach sweet tea with most aromatics. I’ve found iced coffee goes well with chocolate aromatics. Win smoking Virginias I like American lager, usually a Yuengling or six.

Reactions: wernerat and JOHN72

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
I prefer to drink sparkling water with everything I smoke. I feel like it adds an element, kind of like a retrohale, that brings out the flavor of pipe tobacco like nothing else can.

Other than that, water or black coffee.

I actually don't like alcohol with my pipe. I think they compete too much.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I am still a novice with pipe tobacco. But for the moment, water and beer do not suit my tastes. Yes, for virginias, black tea, fruit tea, spices like ginger, and especially hot. Also to drink with brandy or cognac, bourbon, whiskey, red wine. As for English blends, or with latakia, I like whiskeys in general, bourbon, also cognac and brandy. But as I said, never water or beer. But with respect to cigars, if I have already more travel, so I also accompany them with distillates that I have commented here. Even with cigars, I also like them with a black coffee. In the end my brain likes to mix sweet, bitter, strong, spicy, woody alcohol with the aroma of tobacco. I don't know if it's psychological, genetic, or a stupidity of my adolescence.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
With Burley, I can drink anything, but with Virginias I really enjoy the tears of Boston sports fans, and no substitutes. Oh, and coffee with everything else.
Where do you live such that the Bruins or Bosox engender such feelings? :)

Please put your location in your Profile:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.